New Member Introductions thread
Mar 27, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,471 of 15,508
Hi guys!

I'm Henrik, 32 year old computer programmer from Norway. I'm on a neverending quest to find the Perfect Headphones(tm), and I'm hoping the excellent resources and people on this forum can help me do just that.

-Henrik

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,472 of 15,508
Hi guys!

I'm Henrik, 32 year old computer programmer from Norway. I'm on a neverending quest to find the Perfect Headphones(tm), and I'm hoping the excellent resources and people on this forum can help me do just that.

-Henrik

Welcome to head-fi, I hope you find the right information, that will allow to find perfect set of cans. Please feel free to ask questions, most people will gladly help, and share their knowledge of head-fi. And may your perfect cans, always put a smile on your face as well as drown out the sobbing lamentations of your wallet:D
Andrew Reddog Jones.

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,473 of 15,508
Hi I'm just starting on this website, can't wait to be able to buy hd800s and hdvd800s! Prices here are reasonable and I get to see a TON of reviews and advice about all of my headphone/amp setup questions or needs. I'd like to know how to get past this 2-message-a-day thing.. trying to get right into buying some things but I can't contact the sellers!? If someone knows how to fix this, please let me know! Thanks, Beau.

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #1,474 of 15,508
Hi I'm just starting on this website, can't wait to be able to buy hd800s and hdvd800s! Prices here are reasonable and I get to see a TON of reviews and advice about all of my headphone/amp setup questions or needs. I'd like to know how to get past this 2-message-a-day thing.. trying to get right into buying some things but I can't contact the sellers!? If someone knows how to fix this, please let me know! Thanks, Beau.

Welcome to Head-Fi!  Once you post a certain amount of times, you will be granted more privileges (posting regarding selling, posting pictures/video. etcetera).

Mar 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #1,476 of 15,508
Mar 27, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #1,477 of 15,508
Hi,

Reaaally enjoying headphones witihin the last few years and I'm surprised at how long it has taken to land me here on head-fi after lots of activity on other audio forums.

I've owned a few headphoines in the past, some decent ones too. I presently own a pair of grado HP-1000 drivers in custom walnut cups.

As of a few days ago, these are amped by a Sidewinder amp made by Mapletree Audio in Canada.

Then there's the music....the gear is just to get to the music.

I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Nice to be here.

I can't wait to get photo posting priveliges! I have nice pics and a review of the Sidewinder awaiting....

David

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,478 of 15,508
Hello everyone! I'm excited to finally be a part of the head-fi community and be able to contribute to the never-ending search of the best sounding headphones (if there is such a thing)... Anyhow, I just wanted to put out there that over time I will be posting frequency response curves of headphones I have owned and measured using a jig I built specifically for testing headphones. Graphs I will put up over time will be for models: Denon AH-D2000, AKG K701, Sennheizer HD650, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Shure SRH440, Shure, SRH840, Beats Studio, JVC Flats, Bose QuietComfort 15, Sony MDR-V6, Sony MDR-7506, Sony MDR-ZX100, Sony V700 and Grado SR60. I will post more as I receive headphones to measure. Hope this type of information will be helpful in determining the optimum headphone for best sound performance one desires or not.

Mar 28, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #1,482 of 15,508
 Does anyone have anything by "marantz"? If so what is it? I have the sr5009

Sure, both the SR5005 and NR1605. I liked that the older receivers had Dolby Headphone. I think the menus on the newer receivers are much more comprehensive. I also like that the new receivers process more computer audio formats from an external USB disk and include AirPlay. I'm curious though - how are you using yours for headphones? Other than the Dolby Headphone, mine is strictly a speaker box.

Mar 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,483 of 15,508
Apparently I need to post more to be able to post on the classified ? geez.

That's because the trade forums are a benefit for members who use the website in other ways, not the rest of the website is an add-on feature for the trade forums. So you have to be an active member to use it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back