New Member Introductions thread
Mar 22, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #1,456 of 15,519
Hi All,

New Head-Fi'er here, just wanted to say Hi. Thanks to Mark from Item Audio, currently very happy with Burson Conductor and have D5000 and LCD2. I'm currently on a quest for a closed replacement for LCD2 because my wife complains on the sound leakage - through two doors! But once tried and got used to LCD2 sound, very difficult to go back... Thinking probably buying second hand LCD-XC.  

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #1,457 of 15,519
Hi All,

New Head-Fi'er here, just wanted to say Hi. Thanks to Mark from Item Audio, currently very happy with Burson Conductor and have D5000 and LCD2. I'm currently on a quest for a closed replacement for LCD2 because my wife complains on the sound leakage - through two doors! But once tried and got used to LCD2 sound, very difficult to go back... Thinking probably buying second hand LCD-XC.  

If I were you I would try to audition the XC'S before replacing your LCD 2's. I also was looking for a high end closed headphone because of sound leakage reasons and went with the XC'S. And while they do sound brilliant they definitely sound closed. I sold them and got the LCD 2F's and I haven't regret it for one second. I, or my wife rather, will just have to put up with the sound leakage :blush:.

Welcome to Headfi!

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #1,459 of 15,519
Thank you for the advice. I will definitely try to try the XC's. :) I just listened my D5000 and, after LCD-2, I feel a little bit like on a deserted island. The Denon bass is cannon-strong but many musical nuances are veiled. I have to get back to the linear bass range without the punch at 100 Hz, and those LCD-2 mids, ohhh... I thought maybe I should try D7000, but not sure if they extend low enough into longer wavelengths as LCD-2's, probably not. What's interesting is that when I got LCD-2's I thought, like, what? Is that all? But then they just grew on me so much... Ohh.. 

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #1,460 of 15,519
Hi all!

I've had some entry level Beyer Dynamic DT231's for five years now, coupled with a cheap Xonar DG sound card (inbuilt amp) which was about all I could afford.
A few days ago I realised that I have some disposable income (big mistake) and have just purchased a FiiO E17K.

I was looking at some modified Fostex t50rp's (ZMF) but the postage to Australia bumps the price up a fair bit (also that damn exchange rate).
I have noticed some second hand Denon D600's going in the for sale section here but I'm not sure if there are any negatives in buying used gear.

Eventually I would like to build all of my own gear, and I think this forum will be a great resource!

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,463 of 15,519
Hi, I'm a new member and thought I'd introduce myself before asking any questions and seeking advice.

My name is Russell and I'm from the UK. From the mid 1080's into the 1990's I was heavily into music and playing it back at the best quality possible while being on a limited budget. I had a Quad 33/303 amplifier combination, Thorens turntable and some Mission speakers which were later replaced with Mordant Short floor standing speakers. I also made my own loudspeakers with the best ones being some transmission line floor standing speakers. More recently I have built a couple of subwoofers.

However later in the 1990's, when my children came along, I drifted away from pure music listening and more towards AV setups with multi channel AV amps and 5.1 speaker systems. This was great for movies and for having music just playing in the background but I no longer just sat down in a dark room and just listened to an album.

Now, however, I find myself wanting to actually listen to music again and so I am investigating the best way to achieve this and have decided to go the headphone route. This way we can keep the 5.1 setup for movies with my Kef KHT2005 satellite/subwoofer combination but if I want to listen to music I can without inflicting it on my wife who does not share my taste in music.

My music collection is now totally digital stored on a dedicated server with most of it ripped CD's in Flac format and some 96khz/24bit high res audio as well. I use JRiver Media Center server to manage both my video and audio media with playback through JRiver Media Center clients and also a couple of DLNA media renderers for music playback.

For my dedicated headphone playback system I am currently building a media streamer around a Raspberry Pi with a HiFiBerry i2s Wolfson DAC which then appears as a media renderer in the JRiver system and I can stream my music to it as is with no resampling etc. My headphones are AKG K550 which I absolutely love. I know there are better headphones available but in that price bracket I think they are great.

My only decision now is which headphone amplifier to get but I'm going to ask that in a seperate thread on here.

Anyway, that's me. I'm not an audiophile by any means and I have never had very high end and expensive equipment. However I do like to get the best possible quality I can at the price I can afford.

Russell

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #1,465 of 15,519
Hey Guys , My name is Vin .. and I've been a long time reader but rarely a poster unless im searching for something in particular but I generally take them to PM's..Over the past 2 years I've further deepened my taste for better audio .. I went from Basic Logitech headphones all the way to Alpha dogs paired with a Schiit audio Asgard 2 / Bifrost uber... My tastes get stronger and my wallet gets more emptier :)

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,466 of 15,519
Hi, my name is Paolo from Italy my soundcard is driving me crazy and I hope I will fine some help here! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,467 of 15,519
Hi, my name is Paolo from Italy my soundcard is driving me crazy and I hope I will fine some help here! :beerchug:

Welcome to head-fi, hope you find a good dac for your headphone rig.

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,468 of 15,519
Hallo to everyone!

I am Francesco from Italy and I am an happy user of:
- iBasso DX90
- Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline "P-51 Mustang"
- Sennheiser IE800

I am sure I will enjoy here! :)

Mar 26, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #1,469 of 15,519
Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel and I discovered Head-fi several months ago as I was searching for headphones amplifiers info. Thereafter I became more interested in headphones and earphones and I realized how many different categories and price ranges there are in today's world. As discovering new and better gear I am literally rediscovering my favorite music, the way it sounds and feels. I will be happy to find more knowledge and share my experience and impressions.

Regards,

Daniel 

Mar 26, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,470 of 15,519
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

My name is Alex. I have been browsing around here for a year or two feeding on bits and bites of information, and with the soon advent of the Fiio X7, thought I would join.

I am as some have said rediscovering music and ways to enhance the SQ with better equipment. I am by no means an Audiophile or flushed with Coin, but I do like to listen to my music with equipment that offers the best possible SQ for the Coin that I can afford. As a result, Head-fi has become my go to place for knowledge, advice and experience, so thank you all.

Regards,

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back