New Member Introductions thread
May 7, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #7,876 of 15,518
Hey, I'm Paul
I'm not new in Hifi, but new in Headfi.
My main Forum is the Hifi-Forum in Germany.
I got the Sennheiser HD800, Hifiman HE500 and some other stuff.
I hope to have here a great time.

Greetings, derAsiate

@battermoose11
The Hifiman's are somethin' special,
IMO the sound of Dynamic Headphones is definitly not the same. I had never had problems with their Headphones, but there are a lot of people, who got some serious quality issues.
Maybe you step up and buy the HE560, their better built and sound even better.

May 7, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #7,879 of 15,518
Does anyone know how much Messages or Post's are needed to be allowed
to write a Signature or some Information about myself?

May 7, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #7,881 of 15,518
Hello all, pretty new here. I just completed my first gaming PC build last December '17' and naturally I needed a headset. After a bit of research I learned that it is best to go with headphones and an external mic of some sort, and since then I realized I have a love for the audio world. I currently own the and use the Beyerdynamic DT770, Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's (2pairs, one was a gift so it's just sitting unopened) and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a pair of HD 650's which I purchased on here. I currently use the Mayflower ARC to drive them and a ModMic 5 which I love but I am hoping to add to the collection in time.

May 7, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #7,884 of 15,518
Just joined the forum. Last month I went to AXPONA to listen to music. Spent the first several hours in the Expo Hall listening to headphones and thought Audeze was going to be my choice but went home to research details about headphones before I made a purchase. Finally pulled the trigger last week and ordered a set and five days ago I received a pair of Audeze LCD-X cans. I would have liked the LCD-3 but I need to spread my dollars a bit so I can add a DAC and Amp over the next few months. To use the headphones I pulled out of the basement my forty-year-old Soundcraftsmen PE-2217 preamp which has a built-in headphone amplifier. I haven't used the Soundcraftsmen the last thirty years but it still works. I use the preamp section to switch between computer music files and my thirty-year-old Sony CPD 620 ES II CD player. I have been listening to music through the LCD-Z for 12-15 hours per day for the last five days (Retirement does have its advantages. I have no idea how I ever found the time to go to work before I retired). I have a Chord Mojo coming tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear even more of an improvement in my listening pleasure.

May 8, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #7,885 of 15,518
Hi Head-Fi.

My name is Stefan and I just joined. I have many different headphones...B&O H9i, AKG K712 Pro, Grado SR80, Apple AirPods and others. I joined because I found this forum while research my first set of ANC headphones and there's lots of very useful and knowledgeable opinions floating around here. I'm a musician, in my free time (mainly guitar) and do some mixing and mastering too.

May 8, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #7,888 of 15,518
Welcome aboard, @Pangloss!! I am also a guitarist (mostly Telecaster), though I do not play as much as I used to. Rock on!

There's always room for another guitarist on the board. :guitar:

May 9, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #7,890 of 15,518
Hi, I'm Tickbook from Japan!
Feel free to call me "Tick".
I've been a music lover ever since I was a child, but not that interested in the gears until I met Sony XBA-H3.
Wanna have fun discussions and post some reviews here, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back