New Member Introductions thread
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #6,301 of 15,519
Hello!

My name is Joel and ive been working my way up the lowfi and midfi tiers for the last few years. Currently using hd 650s, hd 8s, and just picked up my first planars in MrSpeakers Aeon Flows. My two prized possessions right now are a cavalli liquid carbon v2 and a semi tube rolled and modded bottlehead crack. Currently looking for a dac and that audio gd nfb1.28 is looking mighty interesting...

Thanks to headphone upgrades ive finally left edm and pop behind for the most part and got into jazz and rock. The music just sounds so much more lively and detailed. I love it!
Well you started off on the right foot on your gear have the Crack and Carbon V 1 as well as the 650's and Ether C's. I would look at one of the Schiit multibit dac's really hard to beat imo . Welcome to Head-Fi though enjoy your stay.

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #6,302 of 15,519
Well you started off on the right foot on your gear have the Crack and Carbon V 1 as well as the 650's and Ether C's. I would look at one of the Schiit multibit dac's really hard to beat imo . Welcome to Head-Fi though enjoy your stay.

Thanks! I was thinking about a gumby as it has the balanced outs and multiple rca outs that i need. But that price is so high compared to an nfb 1.28 that its stopping me from taking the plunge

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #6,303 of 15,519
Thanks! I was thinking about a gumby as it has the balanced outs and multiple rca outs that i need. But that price is so high compared to an nfb 1.28 that its stopping me from taking the plunge
I have not heard that one but have heard many other Audio GD products . They all are built very well I just prefer the multibit sound but that is my preference as I have a Yggy and I just love it. The added output connections is a big plus as you said on the Gumby ( same as the Yggy) .

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #6,304 of 15,519
Hello Everybody!

My name is Marcos Fontana. I'm from Brazil and I'm starting to listen to music serioslly. I began buying a dunu dk-3001, a fiio K1, a impedance adapter and I'm using my Note 4 as player. I'm very satisfied with the results and I'm planning a upgrade. So, I need help to do this upgrade. I'm already using this forum to help. I expect to help people too in a near future.

Best Regards,

Marcos Fontana

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #6,305 of 15,519
Hello Everybody!

My name is Marcos Fontana. I'm from Brazil and I'm starting to listen to music serioslly. I began buying a dunu dk-3001, a fiio K1, a impedance adapter and I'm using my Note 4 as player. I'm very satisfied with the results and I'm planning a upgrade. So, I need help to do this upgrade. I'm already using this forum to help. I expect to help people too in a near future.

Best Regards,

Marcos Fontana
Welcome aboard, Marcos!!

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #6,306 of 15,519
Hello Everybody!

Best Regards,

Marcos Fontana
Welcome! I listened to the 3001 and it was one of my favorite sounding IEMs at this year's CanJam London. Let us know your thoughts!

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #6,307 of 15,519
Hi everyone !
I am from Montreal, Canada and a long time music lover just discovering this hobby.
Started with a pair of grado 125i 7 years ago and a pair of X7i IEM's which evolved into getting a pair of Sennheiser HD598, then an OPPO HA-1 DAC/AMP....then a pair of OPPO PM-1 + balanced cable. Latest addition was a pair of M1060 which I modded with vegan pads and now here I am !

Cant wait to exchange on the forums.

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #6,308 of 15,519
Hi,
I'm Xander, a 20-year walkman collector. I am living in the UK.

Along with my collections of vintage walkmen I own some awesome earphones such as Sony MDR-E484 and EX1000. I also have HD600, CD3000, etc. Now a Audio Technica W11JPN is on the way.

Although now I spent much time on my Hi-Fi system, I am still seeking for some rare items to expand my collection list.

I am sure to meet great fans from here and looking forward to joining your discussions!

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #6,309 of 15,519
Hi all just starting out in the audio world. My main interest is finding the best gaming audio option for Xbox one. So far I've been baffled with technology and choice. If any of you can spare time to help me It will be appreciated

Regard
Ross

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #6,311 of 15,519
Long time lurker, first time poster.

25 y/o Chicago audio engineer.

Far as my gear goes:

I own a pair of ATH M50X's for mixing and mastering and on-the-go listening, but I have a craving for some real sub-bass heavy IEMs while I run.

I have a pair of JBL LSR 308's with a LSR310s I use in my entertainment center, with a pair of Adam A7X's I use for professional work.

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #6,312 of 15,519
Long time reader.
First introduction post from Mexico.

I love audio as a hobby, i am a Quality Engineer on a Electronic company, my passion for audio has increased over time thanks to the shure SE530 as my first Hi-fi audio device, i enjoy Music, Movies and Game audio, so i use different equipment depending on my need.
I was member of this forum but never a participant, so gotta start read more and participate in our share audio passion.
Nice to Meet you all!

My current equipment.

Headphones
Fidelio X2
HIfiman-HE 400S
ATH-M50x
Oppo PM3

IEM
Shure SE 530 (11 years with them and still rocking) may upgrade soon.

Speakers
KEF LS50
ELAC B6
Energy Micro 5.1

SUB
SVS SB2000
Energy Micro Sub

AMPS
PS audio Sprout
Peachtree Nova 65SE
ODAC 2

AV Receivers
YAMAHA RX-A3060
SONY STR-DN 1050

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #6,313 of 15,519
Long time reader.
First introduction post from Mexico.

I love audio as a hobby, i am a Quality Engineer on a Electronic company, my passion for audio has increased over time thanks to the shure SE530 as my first Hi-fi audio device, i enjoy Music, Movies and Game audio, so i use different equipment depending on my need.
I was member of this forum but never a participant, so gotta start read more and participate in our share audio passion.
Nice to Meet you all!

My current equipment.

Headphones
Fidelio X2
HIfiman-HE 400S
ATH-M50x
Oppo PM3

IEM
Shure SE 530 (11 years with them and still rocking) may upgrade soon.

Speakers
KEF LS50
ELAC B6
Energy Micro 5.1

SUB
SVS SB2000
Energy Micro Sub

AMPS
PS audio Sprout
Peachtree Nova 65SE
ODAC 2

AV Receivers