New Member Introductions thread
Jun 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #5,896 of 15,511
Hey all, i'm new, and i love messing around with stuff, so are ya ready for all my questions? :ksc75smile:

Actually my home setup pretty simple. Nice onkyo reeiver, with 2 infiniti speakers and polk audio sub, good enuf to me, even with digital music! Sounds great! However i do this stuff for extra work too with pa systems, announcing sports and things of that nature, THAT is where more of my questions will come from.

I am from Iowa by the way. Glad to meet u all!
Welcome, @uniman4! Hang on to your wallet... ---)

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #5,899 of 15,511
Hi, I'm a new member but have been a lurker for a while... I am getting more into audiophile stuff lately (got a tube headphone amp!)
That is the first step down the rabbit hole. Sorry but it is a good ride.

Jun 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #5,900 of 15,511
its hard to be an audiophile tho, options still pretty limited out there. Seems like whenever i try to find anything on HD trax or anywhere else, no luck.
24 bit stuff is not always the way to go. A lot of remastered stuff is just pumping up the volume not all but a lot. If you listen to well recorded music 16 bit will be just fine. I think it's more of the love of music than getting that last bit of detail.

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #5,903 of 15,511
Hello Head-Fi. This place has been an invaluable resource. I've been a reader of this board for some time now and just now registered because I need help. I'm about to cross the $1K barrier on an IEM and I'm not sure which direction to take. I'll start a new thread with more details shortly.

Ed
Welcome, Ed! Really sorry about your pocketbook...---)

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #5,904 of 15,511
Hey all, i'm new, and i love messing around with stuff, so are ya ready for all my questions? :ksc75smile:

Actually my home setup pretty simple. Nice onkyo reeiver, with 2 infiniti speakers and polk audio sub, good enuf to me, even with digital music! Sounds great! However i do this stuff for extra work too with pa systems, announcing sports and things of that nature, THAT is where more of my questions will come from.

I am from Iowa by the way. Glad to meet u all!

Cool! which part of Iowa?

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #5,905 of 15,511
Hi everyone! My name is Julio and I am from Perú, I discovered this forum because my friend was selling me a Mee Pinnacle and I could find a lot of information about those. Thank you to all for this great forum. (Excuse my English)

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #5,910 of 15,511
Hey y'all! I'm new to quality audio gear and am here to learn as I progress. My current load out is a pair of HD 598SE's, Magni 2 Uber, & Modi 2 Uber. The DAC & amp actually just showed up today. Previously, the cans were just plugged into my Bose Companion 2 Series III speakers. I'm hoping to learn to appreciate the sound achieved by my current setup before upgrading with the advise of the community. I was about to pull the trigger on some HD 700's (my current dream cans), but I don't want to be akin to a 16 y/o driving a Ferrari before learning on something more modest like a Mustang. I'm also on r/headphones and am reading up on there quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back