New Member Introductions thread
Nov 2, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #4,473 of 15,490
  Hello,

My addiction started about three years ago.  I started with the Sony MDR 7506 with the HRT Microtreamer DAC.  Then about 1.5 years ago I purchased the Shure  SRH 840 off a friend.  He then introduced me to even nicer headphones.  Over the next year I went from the OPPO PM-3 to LCD-XC.  Of course I had to get open headphones after I heard those.  Started with OPPO PM-1 and now eying Focal Elear or LCD-X.   I currently use the OPPO HA-2 Amp/Dac for portable around the house use and for non portable I use the Schiit Magni 2 Uber with Gungnir Multibit.  On the road I use my Shure headphones with the HRT i-DSP DAC.

You know that you have a problem when those in your household ignore any new audio items they see in the house and they never ask you about anything concerning your audio equipment.

It sure is a joy though and helps keep me sane!

I obsess on reading about audio equipment and I keep gravitating to Head-Fi so I better introduce myself.

Cheers.

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to Head-Fi.
You know, if you let your folks listen to those LCD-XC you may not get them back.  
L3000.gif

Cheers,
RCBinTN

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,474 of 15,490

Hi Mark, welcome to Head-Fi.
You know, if you let your folks listen to those LCD-XC you may not get them back.  
L3000.gif

Cheers,
RCBinTN

When I am off in another room listening to music they do refer to is as "he is off in the other room with his other relationship."  I am afraid of introducing them to my other relationship :)

Nov 2, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,475 of 15,490

When I am off in another room listening to music they do refer to is as "he is off in the other room with his other relationship."  I am afraid of introducing them to my other relationship :)

I heard that.  I love my LCD-X.  It's an escape, but I often share with Annette.  She prefers the HD800 well hey, you know.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #4,481 of 15,490
Hello Everyone, my name Is Michael, but everyone Calls me Mike. I have gotten more and more into headphones  over the years and I just so happened to stumble into this great website. I knew I was hooked on headphones since I was 14. My friend asked if I wanted her pear of Beats Headphones. I quickly jumped at it since what kid didn't want a pair of the most popular headphones in school. I had to take it apart and solder a few wires and replaced the right speaker. Since Then I go around fixing headphones and looking for amazing quality headphones. I love giving reviews about numerous styles and brands of headphones so that others may try them and experiment with quality and style for themselves.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #4,482 of 15,490
Hey folks, PSA: I've seen a couple of posts asking about getting some decent entry priced headphones, and some folks asking about Sennheiser HD 600/650. Check out Massdrop with a Sennheiser HD 6xx coming out next week. Supposed to be based on the 650, at a good price. Having just joined here myself, and having just snagged a 600, I'm excited to grab a 650 via the 6xx and wanted to share. Looks like there's a short thread on the topic already, so poke around and enjoy, everyone!

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #4,485 of 15,490
So, I'm not a "new" member per se, as I subscribed over a year ago. However, I really only read content on the site, and rarely post. However, I want to start posting more, including the classified. Firstly, I can't figure out how to change my profile picture. When I went to add a photo to my album, it said I had insufficient privledges. Any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back