1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Member: Interested in Trying a Pre-Fazor Pair of LCD-2s!

?

Which LCD-2 should I try for maximum contrast with my HD 800’s?

1. Pre-Fazor v2.1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pre-Fazor v.2.2 (Revision 2)

100.0%
  3. Fazor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Àedhàn Cassiel
    So, the bug hit me very recently. I tried the HD 600’s, compared them to everything else I’ve used and was blown away. I tried out HiFiMan’s HE400S and HE560, and ended up getting my hands on a pair of HD 800’s.

It was just an experiment of sorts at first. Cool, a $1000 pair of headphones (acquired for ~$550 with a balanced XLR cable). Would I really spend that much on headphones? Really? Yeah, probably not. I was amazed by what the 800’s did so well right away. But it took a few days of AB testing for me to lose interest in where the other headphones did a better job with bass, etc., and I ended up easily settling over to the HD 800’s as my go–to pair for all listening. Now there's absolutely no way I can let them go.

I am curious to try out a pair of LCD-2’s, though. I want to hear something in a comparable range that does a better job of the things the 800’s are weaker at. In that regards, I’m thinking the pre-fazor is the clear winner for what I should look for, though I’m torn between revision 1 and revision 2. Either way, I’m seriously interested in trying one out! Adorama’s sale has disappeared, and everything listed on eBay seems to be for the fazors, so that’s why I ended up applying for Head-Fi membership. :) What’s my best bet for trying to find a good deal on them here on the forums?

Thank you!

2. Monsterzero
    I had a 2.2 pf and Audeze confirmed that was the "warmest driver we ever made".It has great sub bass extension,but I wasnt thrilled with the mids,so I sold it and bought a ZMF Atticus.Clear step up.

3. chimney189
    I have the Audeze LCD-2 Pre-Fazor Rev. 2.2. I highly doubt that I'll ever sell them. The texture that it can reproduce is nearly addicting to listen to.
    I would definitely recommend any Pre-Fazor model over Fazor because of the near immediate contrast I noticed when I was owning both the LCD-2 and HD800.