New Member here.
Aug 13, 2011 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

1A1.51

New Head-Fier
Hi, i am from India and i joined Head Fi long time back ( this site was different then! ) when i was looking for a good pair of headphones and stumbled upon this site.I did not post up until now since i did not have any money back then to afford good quality headphones.My interests include motorcycles and music.

Moved to the states recently for graduate studies and now i am in a much better shape so i was thinking about getting a good pair.I owned Sennheiser CX 100's before but they died on me.

Dont know if it is good to post questions in your first post (am avoiding another thread) but i am looking for a good pair (In-ear from xp sound good but can over ears match them?) for upto $175 or more if something much better is in that range.It is a once and for all buy so all your opinions are welcome.

Music i will be listening to mostly is indian music so i would prefer:
1)Good Vocals (midrange?),depth in music needed.
2)Not lacking in bass but not bass heavy
3)Comfortable, to be used upto 1-1.5 hrs at a time.
4)Need an amp? absolutely no idea here !!

I do listen to singers like Enrique and sometimes Enigma (dunno why i like it !) and such.Looked at some equipment from Etymotic and Ultimate Ears but i am not sure so please pitch in.

Lastly, will a ipod or a standalone player be as good as listening to music through a phone (like HTC ) in sound quality.

Thank you and i like this new site even more!

Pranshu

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 5
hello, this is in the wrong section actually ><

I won't recommend you any earphones since I'm clueless in that area but it's generally said that the earlier ipods are better music players than the current ipods (something to do with the inner workings).Sansa Clip+ is a very small handy portable player that only costs $30. I recommend it. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 5
this isnt the wrong thread since its an introduction but you probably shouldve made another thread in the hps section and asked. 
first you have to decide if you wanna get fullsized phones or portable. also there are open, semi open, and closed type headphones - each offering different pluses while the other probably makes up for the minus but not the plus. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 5
koolkat-Sorry if this is the wrong thread.Also thanks for your opinion.

ssavage- I think portability should not be problem to me. ( maybe it would be a problem but anything for good sound) . Since i do not want people around me to hear what i am listening to, the open type ones would be for me but i do not know if In-Ear ones are also classified as open or closed b/w thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back