Front Row w/ remote
SPDIF out!

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 27
You beat me to it!
Here you go:
http://www.apple.com/macmini/
&
http://www.apple.com/macmini/whatsinside.html

All wireless features built in! Digital out! Remote! Up to 1080i resolution!

Rock'n'Roll!
basshead.gif

I think I'll get this. I'll hook it up to the TV, connect my 400GB FireWire HD, and have it as my iTunes base. I guess European prices will again be much less friendly than the $US ones, but with EDU rebate... come on Apple Germany, update the site! Update the store!

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 27
I was wondering when the new Minis would be out. My Mini went curiously missing after I moved office. Whoever stole it was platform agnostic as it went walkies along with a brand new VAIO laptop. I figured either speed-bumped or Intel ones couldn't be far off so I waited.

I also had a chance to pop by a store today and have them demo the iMac with the 23" cinema display attached. I think I'm ready to toss out my VAIOs and homebuilt hodgepodges and throw in my lot with Apple.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch
Integrated graphics? Boo!

Ditto. Add the new pricing and lousy-$20-gag-me edu discount and it's beyond my interest.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Integrated graphics? Boo!

Not meant for gamers, as it seems. The chipset seems to do smooth HD though. Darn, with EDU the small one with 1GB runs at €700, plus I'll need to lay out €100 for a VGA->RGB solution (noooo putting up with FBAS here). I will decide... tomorrow
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Ditto. Add the new pricing and lousy-$20-gag-me edu discount and it's beyond my interest.

Yeah, the education discount really sucks. Plus, with the integrated graphics, it's pretty much begging you to upgrade to at least 1 gig of RAM, if not 2. Why does Apple have to do this to me?

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

The original mini had a dedicated graphics chip, so yes.

Which was a Radeon 9200 with wha? 32MB of RAM? Nothing to write home about. The Intel chip is basically the same in the speed department. However, it has more hardware features so Mac minis finally get hardware accelerated Core Image.

Neither chip is good for gaming. But at least now Mac minis will have a much faster desktop experience with Tiger and smooth HD video playback.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoSXS
Which was a Radeon 9200 with wha? 32MB of RAM? Nothing to write home about. The Intel chip is basically the same in the speed department. However, it has more hardware features so Mac minis finally get hardware accelerated Core Image.

Neither chip is good for gaming. But at least now Mac minis will have a much faster desktop experience with Tiger and smooth HD video playback.

I just don't like the idea of shared memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back