New LUXMAN P-1u
Oct 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

The new Luxman P1u should start shipping in a few short weeks. We have put it up on our site for preorder. here is what whe have for info at this time...

The new, long awaited headphone amp from Luxman. The successor to the P!, the P1u is everything that you have been waiting for!

LUXMAN is proud to release the P-1u; Pure Class A headphone amplifier, its the successor to the highly regarded,
reference model P-1 which has been in continuous production since 2002.
The P-1u has been equipped with LUXMAN's noise & distortion cancelling circuitry (ODNF) sporting the latest version 3.0,
after reviewing the headphone amplifiers functionality, we endeavoured to maintain the P-1's philosophy - that the output
quality level of the headphone amplifiers should be similar to that of our finest separate amplifiers.
Luxman has long championed Pure Class A because we believe that it can deliver an involving natural & musical tone.
We also optimized gain to respond to various types of headphones, installed a regulated power transformer and improved
both noise and distortion performance by reviewing components to optimise their sound quality. Integration of a line
throughput with an ON/OFF selection has improved convenience . The P-1u 'ultimate' headphone amplifier will allow you
to realise the potential of the finest headphones and enjoy music to its fullest, for many years to come.
* ODNF is an abbreviation for “Only Distortion Negative Feedback” that is LUXMAN’s original high sound quality amplifying feedback circuit.

Continuous power output
2 W + 2 W/8Ω, 1 W + 1 W/16Ω, 500 mW + 500 mW/32Ω, 27 mW + 27 mW/600Ω
Input sensitivity/input impedance
Unbalance: 1.0 V/26 kΩ, balance: 1.0 V/67 kΩ
Total harmonic distortion rate
0.0025% (1 kHz), 0.02% (20 Hz–20 kHz)
Frequency response
20 Hz–20 kHz (+0, -0.1 dB), 5 Hz–170 kHz (+0, -3.0 dB)
S/N ratio
115 dB (IHF-A)
Input/output
Input: 1 x unbalanced line and 1 x balanced line, Output: 2 x standard jacks with di. 6.3 and 1 x through output
Attached equipment
Front: power switch, volume, input selection, and through output ON/OFF, Rear: balanced phase selection and AC inlet
Dimensions (WxHxD), and weight
17."(440) x 3 ( 82) x 15 " (408 mm) and 18 lbs )(8.3kg) nett.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 7
2b1b913e10187a249721bcb5f443a81e.image.750x238.jpg

This is from Todd's website.

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1452

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 7
So, like the P-1, balanced input and no balanced output. I wonder why they don't use a balanced output?
confused.gif

Also, they did away with a 3rd single ended output, which is fine by me because the only time that I use my 3 outputs is at meets.

According to Luxman's US distributor (a friend of Todd's) this amp is a step up from the P-1.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 7
It's physically smaller too. When I saw it in a store here, I thought it was the P-200. As for balanced, I don't think it would make sense for a commercial amp in Japan, as there are no commercially made balanced headphones here.

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 7
My goodness a $3K 2 watt stereo amp. In the past I used to have the Luxman tube CD player before my Counterpoint power conditioner malfunction and took a few of my audio equipment with it.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Hi All,

The New Luxman P1u was shipped to me last week - I have one that will be a demo and one for sale. If you are interested in buying one it will be ready to ship to you byt the first of the year!

Once I receive the demo and get it broken in I will post my impressions of the amp.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back