New Loaner Program - Moon Neo 230 Headphone amp and DAC
Mar 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

TTVJAudio is pleased to be a Simaudio Moon Neo dealer! We have received our first shipment of demo gear and are offering to 5 Head-Fi members, who are interested in possibly purchasing the Moon Neo 230 HAD, a 1 week in home demo. Here are our loaner program rules. The first 5 people to sign up will get to participate.

Send your name and address as well as a telephone number and  your Head-Fi user name to me at todd@ttvjaudio.com. Do NOT PM me as you will not be included in the program without an email.
You will get the loaner for 1 week to use in your home with your system. After your one week is up, you must send it to the next loaner participant. Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com) the tracking info so I can pass it on to the recipient. Write a review and post it on Head-Fi in the loaner thread. It must be posted in the same thread as the announcement for the loaner program. Please do not post it somewhere else!
Once you have received the loaner, email me to let me know you have it and I will send the address for the next person.
Our loaner programs are USA only. We are restricted from shipping/selling outside the USA on most products.

Moon Neo 230 HAD $1500

I look forward to hearing from you and have fun with this great product from Simaudio!

Todd
TTVJAudio
406-285-3910
www.ttvjaudio.com

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 40
Todd,
Email sent. Thank you for the opportunity to demo gear in home.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 40
  HI All,

TTVJAudio is pleased to be a Simaudio Moon Neo dealer! We have received our first shipment of demo gear and are offering to 5 Head-Fi members, who are interested in possibly purchasing the.....

I would def love to hear this amp and compare it to my others. I have clicked on that product numerous times while interested but I should really get into vinyl instead. It would be unfair for me to sign up if I am not going to buy one anytime soon. I almost hit send on my email to Todd but my conscience checked me. However, I am still going to read reviews and am looking forward to hearing it!!! If any seasoned member would like to compare the amp section of it to my Nuprime HPA-9. I would let you borrow it no problem!  

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 40
HI All,

I have 6 members signed up so for now the program is full. Once the program is complete grizzlybeast, I will let you borrow it. And vinyl is something I am addicted to and encourage others to join me:>)

Todd

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 40

Seriously? I'd give it 5/5. It's an awesome product for the price. Needs around 200-250 hrs to burn in though. Mine is half way, but I'm already happy :wink:

You made me check the article. It was in the Feb 2016 copy. Definitely this model.

However I do wonder if What Hi-Fi give kit enough time to run in. They say they review speakers after just one weekend of running in time.

Their general negative point was: Organisation could be tighter; lacks a little punch.

I have no opinion of course because I have not tried the Moon Neo DAC. The review was in a group test of the Chord Hugo, and the Naim DAC-V1. The Hugo won.

Personally from owning the Chord Mojo I can cast an opinion on Chord. The Mojo is meant to be a lot of the Hugo, for a fraction of the price. Comparing it to even the lowly Meridian Explorer to the Mojo I can see the plus points of the Mojo. However there are still some aspects of the Explorer which I prefer. It does matter a lot about personal preference.  

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 40

You made me check the article. It was in the Feb 2016 copy. Definitely this model.

However I do wonder if What Hi-Fi give kit enough time to run in. They say they review speakers after just one weekend of running in time.

Their general negative point was: Organisation could be tighter; lacks a little punch.

I have no opinion of course because I have not tried the Moon Neo DAC. The review was in a group test of the Chord Hugo, and the Naim DAC-V1. The Hugo won.

Personally from owning the Chord Mojo I can cast an opinion on Chord. The Mojo is meant to be a lot of the Hugo, for a fraction of the price. Comparing it to even the lowly Meridian Explorer to the Mojo I can see the plus points of the Mojo. However there are still some aspects of the Explorer which I prefer. It does matter a lot about personal preference.  

I concur with you - listened to the Mojo for about 5 hours one day and Explorer for about 3 hours the next.
I still felt I was missing something, but found the Explorer quite listenable/enjoyable.

I wonder now how many hours the Moon product will have prior/during the review period? Perhaps it will sound best by the middle of week 2? I will try to keep that in mind...

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 40
HI All,

I have 6 members signed up so for now the program is full. Once the program is complete grizzlybeast, I will let you borrow it. And vinyl is something I am addicted to and encourage others to join me:>)

Todd

Wow, I don't know how I didn't see this until now. I have a Google search alert on this unit and check every day practically to see if any new reviews are out as this is extremely high on my purchase consideration list. I had seen this thread periodically to see if any impressions were being posted in it but never subscribed. Just seeing this now and pretty bummed to have missed it yesterday. Hopefully others will enjoy the loaner and can write some reviews as it will help me make a decision one way or the other.

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #13 of 40
Wow, I don't know how I didn't see this until now. I have a Google search alert on this unit and check every day practically to see if any new reviews are out as this is extremely high on my purchase consideration list. I had seen this thread periodically to see if any impressions were being posted in it but never subscribed. Just seeing this now and pretty bummed to have missed it yesterday. Hopefully others will enjoy the loaner and can write some reviews as it will help me make a decision one way or the other.

If you have not, you may want to take a look at some of the impressions in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/775497/moon-audio-230had-headphone-amp-dac-anyone-heard-one

In particular, there is a link to a series of impressions by @Aktersnurra in post #17.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #14 of 40
  If you have not, you may want to take a look at some of the impressions in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/775497/moon-audio-230had-headphone-amp-dac-anyone-heard-one

In particular, there is a link to a series of impressions by @Aktersnurra in post #17.

Yes, I have seen those and they are very useful. Still, the number of impressions and formal reviews of this product pale in comparison to say anything by Schiit or Cavalli or any other number of dedicated headphone amp makers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back