New Line Conditioner doe it all!!!!
Aug 15, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by jerikl
So are you saying that the LC1200 units DO disconnect power from your components? The LC2400 seems a little bit overkill for me... but if the LC1200 does not do this, I may just have to go for the LC2400 in the future.

You would have to ask Tripplite for the specifics of the LC1200.
I did on the 600, which is why I did not get the 600. The LC1200 seems to be like the 2400, I am assuming. I should have emailed about that too before buying.

As far as a "step" being introduced by a tap switching in or out. I don't care. One step is a lot different from a stepped waveform.
I would rather have the occasional step than the burned out hulk of another vcr or other component. My nice Rotel receiver produced a burning smell during first brownout. In a few months that system will have the LC1200 too. I would use all LC2400's but they are all to pricy.

Aug 15, 2002 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 18
I guess in your case switching is an infrequent event, so you don't really care much about it. I'm speculating if the norminal supply voltage of my home is close to the tap switching threshold voltage, and if the supply voltage fluctuates up and down around the threshold, then switching becomes a common event. Potentially the switching step size could be bigger than the fluctuating voltage itself. I guess this scenario can be avoided by having large hysteresis in the switching threshold.

Well, I'm not a regulator designer, and I don't own a regulator. I'm just thinking out loud and see if there's anyone who has some insight on this issue. I'm interested in the idea of having a regulated supply. I'm just paranoid that I'd make the situation worse.
redface.gif

Aug 17, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #18 of 18
Had a long thunderstorm today. from about late evening yesterday to about 4am. I left all my stuff on and did everything as usually. My bedroom tv has the LC1200 attached to it. The tv went off twice during the storm...room lights did not. And shortly after the tv came back on there were HUGE rumbling shaking thunders for a distant strike that must have had the LC1200 turn off the tv power. So it works.

The LC units are supposed to have Tripplite ISOBAR surge protection. That's pretty good stuff.

My bedroom video system is protected now. I also have a bedroom audio system right against the side of my bed. I have some physical problems (declared disabled by govt) so I sometimes spend a lot of time in bed, so I need my stuff right there. In a few months I will get another LC1200 for the audio system.

If I had the money to do it, and I never will, I would put Brickwall Series mode units in the system too.

And of course an LC2400 will go in my computer room when I win Lotto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back