New Leckerton uha-6s mkii has arrived....Not loud enough!?!?!
May 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
I wasn't happy with the audio quality of the e17. I don't know what it was but I just felt like it wasnt right. I do understand how impedance works but I didn't realize how much power the DT770s would require. They sounded good with the Leckerton but there still wasn't alot of headroom so I decided to try a different set of cans rather than another amp. I may get a desktop amp in the future but I really want something that is battery powered for both laptop and iPhone use.

Hi I'm looking for portable amp for my Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, So UHA-6S MKII will be perfect for my headphone or not or I look for another option. The problem is it's hard find good DAC amp.

May 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #18 of 25
So which portable combo amp+DAC will be drive my headphones. Firstly someone suggested me go for E17 then UHA-6S Mk.II, I think the 250ohm giving hard time to portable amp.

May 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #19 of 25
The DT990 Pro? I honestly think... none.

Seriously, 250 Ohm headphones are pretty hard to drive. I owned both the DT990 Pro and DT880 600 Ohm at some point, and neither of them could be comfortably driven from most portable amplifiers that didn't cost more than the headphone themselves. (that was way before the Fiio E12 was released)

Also to say, the DT990 Pro isn't exactly a "portable" headphone by any standard. Mostly because it's an open-back design, and it leaks sound both in and out like crazy.

But if you absolutely need portability, I'd say... get a Fiio E12, and then stack an ODAC on top. It's 2 separate units, but honestly, I don't think there exists a single amp+DAC unit that can comfortably drive those monsters.

May 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
The DT990 Pro? I honestly think... none.

Seriously, 250 Ohm headphones are pretty hard to drive. I owned both the DT990 Pro and DT880 600 Ohm at some point, and neither of them could be comfortably driven from most portable amplifiers that didn't cost more than the headphone themselves. (that was way before the Fiio E12 was released)

Also to say, the DT990 Pro isn't exactly a "portable" headphone by any standard. Mostly because it's an open-back design, and it leaks sound both in and out like crazy.

But if you absolutely need portability, I'd say... get a Fiio E12, and then stack an ODAC on top. It's 2 separate units, but honestly, I don't think there exists a single amp+DAC unit that can comfortably drive those monsters.

So which DAC & AMP will feed my headphone. I'm totally new to this headphone section. Please help me out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back