Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Dec 12, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #46 of 10,018

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #48 of 10,018
Can someone tell me about the Odin driver. I've read this is using a 80mm round diaphragm, compared to a flat diaphragm. What exactly is the difference between flat & round diaphragm & does it have a impact on sound.

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #49 of 10,018
  Can someone tell me about the Odin driver. I've read this is using a 80mm round diaphragm, compared to a flat diaphragm. What exactly is the difference between flat & round diaphragm & does it have a impact on sound.

Hi guys!

We are pleased to participate in this forum.
And glad to answer all your questions.

What exactly do you mean? 
"Flat or round"?

Sincerely, Kennerton Team.

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #51 of 10,018

Hi guys!

We are pleased to participate in this forum.
And glad to answer all your questions.

What exactly do you mean? 
"Flat or round"?

Ah yes, what I mean to say. How much difference does a round diaphragm have, compared to a square diaphragm in the headphone.

Sure, there are a lot of technical differences. Even if we are assuming only straight traces voice coil, and not taking into account circular, there are still edge reflections, different vibration and resonance patterns etc. And size. Round diaphragm are generally preferred, because it uses space more effectively, than square one. So it will have larger emitting area, comparing to square diaphragm. Unless you make square housing, and that will be awkward and huge. And for average listener, bigger size means fuller and larger scale sound.

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #52 of 10,018
When will these headphones being released? 

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #54 of 10,018
I've just read on Fischer Audio product from the russia website, using google translate & bing translate, stating the Magister has a limited stock of 350. Is this true i didn't see this elsewhere from fischer product eu or kennerton website. Are the Odin & Vali also going to be limited stock.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #55 of 10,018
Yes, it's true. Magister's has a limited stock of 350 units only. The serial number ( the same on the warranty card and on the left earphone under ear cushion) possible only from 001/350 till 350/350. The policy of Kennerton A.E. sounds a bit strange and grandiloquently, but it is as it is :" ...All of our  hi-class headphones are hand-crafted one-at-a-time, because we beleive your headphones should be made by an artist, not a robot..." May be it's only empty air, may be not. But i hope it's true. Why not? Every Dog has it's day.
And Odin & Vali also going to be limited stock. As i know, in any cases their number should be less than 500 units.

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #56 of 10,018
How interesting i would have to assume the Magister will be replaced by another closed back headphone one day. Would love to see a limited edition or high edition Magister with ape-03 or maybe ape-04 if it ever exists.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #57 of 10,018
  How interesting i would have to assume the Magister will be replaced by another closed back headphone one day. Would love to see a limited edition or high edition Magister with ape-03 or maybe ape-04 if it ever exists.

There will not be any limited edition of Magisters, its already tuned to the end in our opinion :)

And onto topic, new prototype pic, also showing part of the packaging

Users who are viewing this thread

Back