Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Sep 14, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #1,847 of 10,020
Hi all.

Discovery, thanks to Milan on HCFR, of the new external grids of the new headphone planar Kennerton, the Odin Thridi (Odin mk3) (replacing the Odin mk2) using probably for the external grids a lightened composite material (like the Thror) but with a different design from that of Thror (and also that of the Odin mk1 and Odin mk2).
The cups of theses news Odin Thridi are made of Zebrano wood.
The drivers take a priori the same high-tech membrane (in honeycomb) of the Thror, but the driver frame is a priori metal like those of Odin mk2 (and not in lightened carbon, like that of the Thror).

bks7.jpg

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179660637.html#p179660637

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,848 of 10,020
Hi all.

Discovery, thanks to Milan on HCFR, of the new external grids of the new headphone planar Kennerton, the Odin Thridi (Odin mk3) (replacing the Odin mk2) using probably for the external grids a lightened composite material (like the Thror) but with a different design from that of Thror (and also that of the Odin mk1 and Odin mk2).
The cups of theses news Odin Thridi are made of Zebrano wood.
The drivers take a priori the same high-tech membrane (in honeycomb) of the Thror, but the driver frame is a priori metal like those of Odin mk2 (and not in lightened carbon, like that of the Thror).

bks7.jpg

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179660637.html#p179660637

Oooh! It looks like my order - I can't wait!

// Alex

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #1,849 of 10,020
Hi everybody !

1 year after having stumbled on the internet on a beautiful headphone, the Kennerton Odin, and having been able to test one thanks to Pierre Paya, I have the honor to announce that I could realize my dream, by offering me this helmet, this Odin!

At first I was not a fan of the color sapele (a mahogany wood) but this one is particularly beautiful I think !
What is beautiful is that the color, the brightness of the wood varies depending on the light, it has sublime reflections in the sun! In short, the aesthetic side, not disappointed to have chosen this Odin in ads on occasion. And yes, for those who do not know, I'm only 18 (finally in 2 months :) so I can not financially buy at the price of nine (by the way I'm maybe the most young owner of an Odin in the world :).

Otherwise thank you again to firegon who I bought this headset on Headfi, it seems that the Odin is new so it is flawless! The serial number of my headphone is 107, it's an odin mk2 (I prefer this version than the mk1 and mk3 that I listened to also)

Sound level is even more magical than the first time I listened to the loan of this headset, because I had the Chord Mojo as a dac amp before and now I have the Burson Conductor.
The only little complaint I had with the mojo and the Odin was a small lack of openness and spatialization. With the burson conductor, the sound is even more INCREDIBLE, a perfect opening and spatialization for me, a perfect balance, a beauty of beautiful timbres with beautiful contrasts.

Mediums are sensational, just like the rest of the spectrum, very linear. There is matter and density on the voices, each instrument has many bodies, the separation of the instruments is just perfect.
The bass is deep, it impacts properly, it is dry but not too much.
The high rise but still maintain a sweetness, they are absolutely beautiful.

We have an ultra realistic final rendering, we do not even feel the electronics of the headphones, we are transported to the music, it's incredible.

Difficult to describe my feelings when listening to this headset, all these superlatives used are only weak words compared to the emotion that gives me this headphone.

And in addition to all this, it is ultra versatile, all my music makes perfect, even the few ones that are mp3, because not found elsewhere than on youtube (all the rest of my music is wav and flac)
It happens to be very detailed without attacking the ears, it has no extreme rendering like some headphones with either a very light or very dark, with a lot of treble or a lot of bass, everything is perfectly balanced for me.I am so happy to have found my grail in terms of sound, I did a lot of research to achieve this result. In my opinion, my tastes, the best headphone in the world, not superior on all criteria to other headphones but the most pleasant to hear.

I can not yet realize that the Kennerton Odin is now my headphone, it's a unique experience to live.

In short, I realized my dream of audiophile !

Very nice review @Milan01, thank you for posting it. You have one of the nicest looking Sapele Odin's that I've seen.

Your review mirrors the way that I feel about my Mk2's also. They're the centerpiece of my collection.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,855 of 10,020
This new external grids for the Odin Thridi (mk3) (above in photo) are also very successful (like those of his big brother, the Thror): they have character, like the headphones.

The varieties of wood for wooden cups are also well put value (Sapele wood and Zebrano?).

To listen with all kinds of music and all kinds of quality amplifiers: tubes; SS amp; DAP?

(Note: the sensitivity of the Odin Thridi is very good: 104 dB / mW, 42 Ohms ; the Odin Thridi headphones weigh 100 g less than the Odin mk2 (580 g versus 680 g) ; only the Thror is even lighter, 100 g less, in comparison to the Odin Thridi (480 g versus 580 g) thanks to the frame of its driver in carbon (for the Thror), against metal for the Odin Thridi.

https://kennerton.com/headphones/odin-sapele
https://kennerton.com/headphones/thror

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,857 of 10,020
Hello everyone,

It's fun, but on the French forum the tenors of the forum are absolutely keen to make the Odin Mk2 sound like the Odin mk3 (Thridi) and / or the Thror by replacing the original pads of the Odin mk2 by the velvet Dekoni pads for TH900.
Some enjoy this improvement, others less by losing the original sound of the Odin mk2 (wich is warmer and with more bass, but also darker in the high-mids).

Anyway, the Odin Thridi (mk3) and the Thror have a big future in front of them: it's like moving from a picture of a full HD plasma screen (1920 x 1080 p), with the Odin mk2, to a larger 4K resolution OLED screen, with the Thror (and to a lesser extent with the Odin Thridi); the difference is most sensitive. We lose a little fun what we gain in precision, aeration and respect of the tone (disappearance of the dullness of the high-mids in particular).

The Thror and the new Odin Thridi are more open to all musical genres, unlike the Odin Mk2 who excelled in jazz / pop / rock / metal, but were less comfortable on more complex or classical music, especially for respect for the tone of acoustic instruments and the femal voices.

I am fortunate to have both an Odin mk2 (in Karelian birch wood) and a Thror (in bog oak wood) both amplified by a Viva 2A3 amp; Now the fact is that for several months, after having tasted the Thror, I only listen to this headphone; my Odin mk2 remains under its protective dust cloth to wait for better days.

What I like with the Thror, in addition to listening the classical Piano and the beautiful voice of the French pop singer Nolwenn Leroy, are all the other musical genres : classical symphonic music, opera music, voice of men and women for jazz, opera, and so-called modern music, not to mention the music of the last CD listened tonight, an orchestral ensemble that I had not listened to in this version (1973) for 40 years ... (see the youtube video below).
The Thror is excellent for restoring all the details, nuances, expressions, rhythm of these very numerous instruments with string and percussions, and these amazing tubular bells ...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #1,860 of 10,020
Hi all,

You like the French language (and the songs in French) and you like Russian headphones? Well, on this video of Bernard Lavilliers and the song "Les mains d'or" (golden hands), the headphone Kennerton Thror takes definitively the top over the headphone Kennerton Odin mk2: better aeration, better accuracy, better clarity of the bass, better intelligibility and authenticity of the voice.
The sound is clearer (the opposite of deaf), sharper and airy.

See also on the French forum the last comments on the Thror and the Odin.
https://musique-o-casque.com/viewtopic.php?p=184#p184

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back