Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Feb 20, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #1,606 of 9,926
10071945.jpg

I'm really looking forward to receiving the Kennerton Thror with Litz's custom Kennerton cable (same as Andykong's photo above with the Cayin HA-300 amp); I would use with him two high-end amps, complementary for their sound (the Viva 2A3 amp, more romantic, and the XI audio Formula S amp, designed for the Abyss, more straight).

I hope a lot of these listening, especially since the last comments of CanJam NYC putting the Thror at the same level of listening as Susvara and Utopia, but with the sound Kennerton I like. :)

Otherwise, in addition to the Polish review of the Kennerton Odin wooden in ebony pale moon; link : http://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzja-kennerton-odin/

Kennerton-Odin-HiFi-Philosophy-010.jpg

there is now a Polish review of the Kennerton Vali, also interesting to read, despite the fun result google translator ; link : http://hifiphilosophy.com/recenzja-kennerton-vali/

Kennerton-Viali-HiFi-Philosophy-008.jpg

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #1,607 of 9,926
Thank you very much for your kind words to our HA-300 headphone amp, and I surprised a lot of visitors with the Kennerton Thror. On top of those who checked out every headphones on the table (Utopia, Susvara, Thror and EtherC Flow), I have suggested a dozen "dedicated" visitors to audition the Thror, and they all feel amazed by this "black horse", The general feedback Thror, Utopia and Susvara are in the same level, the choice will mainly a matter of personal preference.

Should have say Hi to me (if I am around), I really look forwards to meet with fellow Kennerton users.

For fun,

For astronomy lovers.

The (black) Horse Head Nebula

aka the Thror's nebula ! :beyersmile:

Wonderful! :)

1200px-Barnard_33.jpg

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179473438.html#p179473438

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #1,608 of 9,926
Hi all

I am invited on the last weekend of April (Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 April) at the anniversary of the showroom of Pierre Paya (a reseller of high-end headphones) in France, in Nîmes, with a very impressive presentation of the best headphones in the world.

List of the audio equipment present at the showroom, here :

Headphones:

Kennerton Thror
Kennerton Odin (and perhaps the last version ; the Odin "third")
Focal Utopia
Focal Clear
Audio-Technica ADX-5000
Audeze LCD-MX4
Audeze LCD-4
Hifiman HE1000V2
Hifiman Susvara
Stax SR-009
Stax SR-007
JPS Abyss (not phy)
Hifiman Shangri-La
Hifiman Shangri-La jr
Sennheiser Orpheus 2 (HE1).

Amps:

Auris HA2 SE
Auris Headonia (2A3)
Audio-Technica HA5050H
XI Audio Formula S
Viva 2A3
Viva Egoista 845
Riviera AIC-10
Viva STX (for estat headphones) with the Stax SR-009 and SR-007mk2.

Mono blocks Auris Forte 150 (150W) + Preamp Auris Piano for directly power the Susvara. (crazy, but impressive, beware of the volume on the preamp!).

The same mono blocks Auris Forte 150 + preamp blocks with the iESL ifi audio box, to power the SR-009, the SR-007 and the Shangri-La estat headphones.

Shangri-La amp to power the Shangri-La headphone and also the SR-007 and SR-009.

Dacs :

Auris D1D
Auris D2D
Viva Numerico
Aqua Acoustic : La Scala.

Sources :

NUC on Linux with Daphile
Melco NIAH60 MKII Server
PC and Daphile.

CD library + access to Qobuz HR

Source (info) : http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/post179474075.html#p179474075

I will bring a camera and I'll give you a small report of these equipments of dreams (headphones and amps), the best in the world in the matter, nothing else!
:)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #1,612 of 9,926
In Montreal now-- awesome! Thanks for the heads-up! A second pair is in my near future...

It would be great that this Canadian audio shop http://www.laytonaudio.ca/ to import the entire Kennerton lineup, in addition to the Kennerton Vali, with for example the new Odin "third" to come and also the new flagship Kennerton Thror, so promising as planar headphone.
I hope than you can listen to them one day in Montreal to get an idea of them, without having to buy them.

For my part, I will have soon (in two months) an extraordinary chance to listen and especially compare, in very good conditions (that of a private showroom), all that is best for the headphones ; no to buy them as a customer (this is obviously beyond my financial means), but simply to form the taste and enrich my culture concerning the headphones and their most extreme and best possibilities. (see my post above)

Let's hope that similar experiences can be made in Montreal ; that's what I wish you both. :)

Note: will come with me, at this showroom, a young "Padawan" :beyersmile: of 17 years, discover these extraordinary headphones, with a young ear; I'm curious to discover his tastes, especially about Kennerton headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,613 of 9,926
I'm still curious to hear if the Vali can compete the ZMF Atticus with rock and metal music. :wink:

Warning : non serious answer (below)

But with two headphones Vali (those of soon Andrew), arranged one on the other; the two drivers on each side in push-pull configuration; for rock, the punch should be terrible; better than one ZMF Atticus in simple assembly?:beyersmile:

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,615 of 9,926
YtseJamer brought those two up because, in previous conversations, I mentioned to him (and in a ZMF thread) that I thought they were the two best headphones I've heard or owned for Rock. But different presentations yeah (open vs. closed). The Vali is my fave of the two.

Feb 21, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,616 of 9,926
I'm still curious to hear if the Vali can compete the ZMF Atticus with rock and metal music. :wink:

They're both really good, but for different reasons.

Atticus has those super lush mids and powerful midbass. And despite the Atticus being open, I'd say it has a wider soundstage than the Vali. I'd have to compare to be sure, but they're definitely very close. The Vali does have excellent layering/instrument separation though.

The Vali has a certain timber that just excels at drums and the bite of most guitars. Also the upfront soundstaging provides a certain raw, powerful sound presence. I also love that you can blast them at high volume and you never seem to get fatigued.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #1,617 of 9,926
YtseJamer brought those two up because, in previous conversations, I mentioned to him (and in a ZMF thread) that I thought they were the two best headphones I've heard or owned for Rock. But different presentations yeah (open vs. closed). The Vali is my fave of the two.

This being a kennerton thread, I would say go for an Odin for open and Atticus for closed.

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,619 of 9,926
1B59155C-CE2D-4D99-ADC2-719A31A240DF.jpeg
091FA5B4-C8BA-4A64-B526-3FF47C64E2B2.jpeg
In Montreal now-- awesome! Thanks for the heads-up! A second pair is in my near future...

Hey there, we have the Vali in stock! Should be getting an Odin sample in the coming week. My rep said the Odin is more visceral and his preference over the Vali (which does sound fantastic to boot!)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 23, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,620 of 9,926

Hey there, we have the Vali in stock! Should be getting an Odin sample in the coming week. My rep said the Odin is more visceral and his preference over the Vali (which does sound fantastic to boot!)

8ef9caca-13e1-4771-af86-3469852eb3b5_ORIGINAL.jpg

General de Gaulle's speach in Montreal (Quebec - Canada), the year 1967:

" Vive le Québec libre! " (*) :beyersmile:
(*) Long live the free Quebec!

and also, if he was still alive, he would say today (as a music lover) :

" Vive Kennerton au Canada! " (*) :)
(*) Long live Kennerton in Canada!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back