New JVC Dual Diaphragm IEMs! HA-FXT90
Apr 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #16 of 73
I'd like to see, or hear for myself, the FXT90 vs. the Sonocore COA-805 dual driver(update to the 803 with supposedly better mid/high end). Similar concepts with a bit different designs.

Having had the FXC80 that uses a micro driver with the carbon diaphragm, this design makes sense to me. The FXC80 tried to be a good phone but the driver sounded like it needed help. Solid bass and also trying to have crisp detailed treble and good extension on both ends. Kinda fell apart going toward the high end. Some extension, yes. Some detail, yes. But more bright then crisp on the high end with some peaks and the tone/timbre fell short compared to the low end. Really gave me the impression of a small driver in over its head. So, doubling up is just what I would've tried next. They just need to have done it right.

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 73
You made me laugh :D
Apparently from Hong Kong reviewers its a big surprise (positively). 

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #21 of 73
Here's a translation of the CNET review by what I think is the best online translator. Overall the review seems quite positive.

Marvelous sound with thickness of live rich feeling

Then, let's listen first from pop. It is Tatsuro Yamashita's new song 'It loves and leave without it is possible to say [rutte]' after a long time to chooseIt is a feature recording that an extra reverberation is hardly attached. The composition of the tune is also simple. The head progresses only by the keyboard and vocal. The base and the guitar enter from B Mello. I unexpectedly understand the sound well because it records an individual sound from the direct front very importantly though it is simple.

Keyboard of head first of all. It is a sound with the thickness very much only though the code is suppressed. The baseline of the left hand rings firmly, too. Vocal has the wick like the life very much though is the reverberation. It is ponderable also to Tam's sound when the drum [firuin]s it, and [sotemo] real. This is considerably [sugoiheddohon]. The balance is the highest. There is a peculiar thickness that exists only in this headphone.

It ..sound.. was imagined no [n] that a random bass had and was risked [ru] before it listened. However, being possible not to become cloudy, not to shut oneself up, and to listen to the sound that the omission is good though it has power are good.

The amorousness of the wind instrument of jazz is the highest.

It seemed to be able to enjoy the sound in which putting existed in the part of the convex sound, it wanted to hear the wind instrument system, and it listened to Miles Davis "So What" with a standard retreat.

Even carving the first high-hat cymbals is pleasant. There is neatly a thickness though it ..starlike.. does, and a real sound.

The tremble of the lip in the interior of the trumpet is felt when Miles's solo starts and freshness ....listening.. [koe].. is felt by me. Is this an effect of Carbon nanotubes?It continues, and there is a thickness that feels the depth of the bottom of Coltrane's tenor saxophone and the vibration of the lead. Music becomes happy fast because it tells amorous amorousness. Because the sound that the reverberation hangs is fat in the alto saxophone of The Cannonball Run Ada lei, the condition of the echo is understood very well. It is very a sound like the life like hearing it on the recording site in the studio.

Sound with real existence feeling in which area of hall is felt

It was thought very power to tell the power of music might, and listened to the symphony. The fifth Vienna Phil who commands Carlos Kleiber standard here.

Still, sound that tells site of recording. It is feeling that can be looked about the size of the hall. It was betrayed though it was imagined the impudent sound pushed out forward or ……. It is a sound with good balance that can be looked about the whole of [oke]. First violinist..violin..brass instrument..woodwinds..each..group..sound..firmly..real existence..thickness..have..ring.It might feel the size of the hall. It is settled and the balance is very good. This is also pleasant.

The dollar though might felt that a low region is self-assertive according to the tune?Because it is not [ttoshita] bass but a bass very tightened, I like it very much. The sound with this powerful and thickness is a sound with the peculiar thickness that has not been listened in the headphone. There is very a live feeling performed in the presence. The nature that it must be only "Twin system unit" and be the sound that can be emitted does.

Hereafter, I want you to hear the sound with the thickness of industry's first "Twin system unit" by all means because it thinks that there is a chance to be able to experience in the shop etc. , too.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #23 of 73
Apr 30, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #26 of 73
Quote:
So, the cable is using the same material too right?

Everything is the same except for color and price.

Quote:
ClieOS, will you be getting a pair for review?

I found one importer that I can buy then from but it was $195. I was hoping for around $150.

I am pretty sure I want to get one once it hits the local market, probably later in May. I doubt anyone want to send one to me for review. The MSRP in Japan is only $125 and street price goes as low as $110, so $195 is already way over the top.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #29 of 73

Quote:
I am pretty sure I want to get one once it hits the local market, probably later in May. I doubt anyone want to send one to me for review. The MSRP in Japan is only $125 and street price goes as low as $110, so $195 is already way over the top.

Wow great to hear that you will be reviewing this in future. Radius DDM that you recommended really suits me well, so I'm really looking forward to another dual dynamic driver to complete the combination (lo/mid + high and lo + mid/high). Hopefully this won't be too much of a diminishing return from DDM
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #30 of 73
What could I say? I am a sucker for dynamic dual driver
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back