New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #7,591 of 8,377

Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, what happened between you and JHA regarding the purchase of your Roxanne? Some delays?

Sorry for the slow delay, I was out of town.

My time with JHA has a feeling of being up and down.  I actually went to Orlando and spent time at JHA.  Met Mr Harvey.  Unbelievable great experience.  Left me completely inspired about listening to my music again and I couldn't order the Rox quick enough.  Had impressions done right there.  I loved everything about my experience top to bottom.

Ordered mid Oct.  Was told delivery maybe by Christmas but probably early Jan.  They came in May (I think).  Many phone calls, emails.  Always a different story, no promises, but always ended the conversation re-energized and the feeling that there was light at the end of the tunnel.  I kept waiting like everyone else.  Tried to cancel once, tried to change order to acrylic twice and was talked out of it every time.  Was given the: hired new staff, bought new ovens, etc, etc, so things are improving speech.

I was thrilled with the product and the sound.  The business model really left a bad taste in my mouth.  I little straight up honesty would have put out 90% of the fires.  All I know, for the amount I paid and the amount I get to use these along with the care I take with them, they shouldn't be having ANY problems already.

What kind of put me over the top was the lack of a viable after market cable.  I check weekly.  NOTHING!!  Not at all the feeling I remember having after the very lengthy amount of time with Mr Harvey.  Hey, he even let me use his personal Astell and Kern player.  

I'm not throwing the Rox away.  I'm just waiting for a quality cable to come to market.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #7,597 of 8,377
Roxanne's mids is soooooo lush and exceptional... I'm appreciating it more and more.

Detailed resolution and accurate imaging, but never in-your-face or overshadows lows and highs. 
Addictive. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #7,598 of 8,377

Sorry for the slow delay, I was out of town.

My time with JHA has a feeling of being up and down.  I actually went to Orlando and spent time at JHA.  Met Mr Harvey.  Unbelievable great experience.  Left me completely inspired about listening to my music again and I couldn't order the Rox quick enough.  Had impressions done right there.  I loved everything about my experience top to bottom.

Ordered mid Oct.  Was told delivery maybe by Christmas but probably early Jan.  They came in May (I think).  Many phone calls, emails.  Always a different story, no promises, but always ended the conversation re-energized and the feeling that there was light at the end of the tunnel.  I kept waiting like everyone else.  Tried to cancel once, tried to change order to acrylic twice and was talked out of it every time.  Was given the: hired new staff, bought new ovens, etc, etc, so things are improving speech.

I was thrilled with the product and the sound.  The business model really left a bad taste in my mouth.  I little straight up honesty would have put out 90% of the fires.  All I know, for the amount I paid and the amount I get to use these along with the care I take with them, they shouldn't be having ANY problems already.

What kind of put me over the top was the lack of a viable after market cable.  I check weekly.  NOTHING!!  Not at all the feeling I remember having after the very lengthy amount of time with Mr Harvey.  Hey, he even let me use his personal Astell and Kern player.  

I'm not throwing the Rox away.  I'm just waiting for a quality cable to come to market.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, JHA really dropped the ball when the Roxanne came around. I've read horror stories about delays spanning 6+ months, of multiple refits, and of faulty cables/connectors. The issues haven't gone away yet, though - I know of at least 1 customer who has issues with his custom Layla.

Thankfully, at the end of the day, the Roxanne (sound-wise) is a winner. That's JHA's saving grace. That silky smooth sound and the addictive, well-textured bass is unique amongst the TOTLs of the IEM world. Can't get the Roxanne out of my head.

Anyway, you sound like you really enjoy your Roxanne, so I hope you get your cable issues sorted out soon. 
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #7,600 of 8,377

Users who are viewing this thread

Back