New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 9, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #7,563 of 8,377

The K10 is more balanced and has a more prominent treble presentation. The highs have more sparkle, extension and detail. On the other hand, the Roxanne has smooth treble, with a touch less clarity.

Midrange on both the K10 and the Roxanne are lush and warm, but the Roxanne sounds a bit thicker and weightier. Both are exceptionally good with vocals.

The K10 has slightly leaner bass (compared to the lowest bass level on the Roxanne), but both are punchy and very well textured. Extension is also a good feature on both IEMs.

The Roxanne has a larger soundstage that is very wide and deep. The K10 loses out in this aspect, but makes up for it with slightly more precise imaging.

Overall, the Roxanne has a lusher, more rounded tonality, with an exceptional soundstage. Compared to them, the K10 sounds a tad leaner, with a more prominent treble region, and better clarity throughout.

Very well said. This is also the feeling I have when I compare my K10 to the Roxanne as well.

Apr 9, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #7,564 of 8,377
What about compare Roxanne custom with Fitear 335?

I only heard the Fitear 335DW demo vs my Custom Roxanne. Talking in relative terms vs Roxanne.

335DW has better treble extension and smoothness. However, on a side note, I find it has less sparkles vs the K10.
The mid is forward and lush. I'd say its similar to Roxanne with Roxanne being thicker and heavier. And its dark sound signature.
The bass has slower decay vs the Roxanne. It doesnt slam as deep and tight. Soundstage, Roxanne is a clear winner. 

335DW is very easy to like with its lushness and prominent bass. A good all rounder.
Roxanne is like an acquired taste with focus on the lows, soundstage and smoothness.

On a safe bet, I find K10/335DW are easily popular with many and easy to listen. However, if you are not a bass head, perhaps 335DW bass might be overwhelming. 

But as you listen to more IEMs, you probably like to keep 2 or 3 with different sound presentation for each genre of songs. Roxanne is still one of my favorite choice in how she presents music at a lower frequency and lushness. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #7,566 of 8,377
Guys...thanks for sharing the experience :smile::smile::smile:. Roxanne, K10 & 335DW among the 3 which one is best with jazz and classical?

For classical, the treble rolled-off of the Roxanne and 335DW can be a bummer, so I might suggest you to go for the K10.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #7,567 of 8,377
For classical, the treble rolled-off of the Roxanne and 335DW can be a bummer, so I might suggest you to go for the K10.

Yes I second this as the Rox is not good for classical/reference.  Please look into the K10, Angie, or even the Layla.

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #7,568 of 8,377
A modded FX850 is hands down the best IEM for classical and jazz IMO. Stuff like the K10/UERM/K3003/FIBASS etc. just doesn't stack up for these genres 

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #7,571 of 8,377
4th version Without Pod is for the Pro market, particularly bands. They don't like the pod as it get in the way with their Wireless pack/cable routing. JH puts the full crossover in the IEMs for Bands.

Black Dragon will be a 16% silver over copper 8 conductor cable. Silver Dragon will be a UPOCC silver 8 conductor cable. Cant give feedback yet on sound as we are still tooling up all the plastic injection molds for all the connectors and pods etc. 

So what will the sound tofthe cable without the pod sound like?
For the JH13 tuned ones,will it still have a device dangling from the cable?

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #7,572 of 8,377
Guys...thanks for sharing the experience :smile::smile::smile:. Roxanne, K10 & 335DW among the 3 which one is best with jazz and classical?

The K10Us present the mids/vocals more forward than the Roxys.  I will use my K10Us across the full spectrum, but they shine with highly produced, well mastered recordings (and expose those which are not).  I go to the Roxys for live recordings and where detailed technical listing is not on the menu for the day.  Go with the K10Us for Jazz/Clasical listening,

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #7,574 of 8,377
There's the Toxic Cables which are out now, DHC is still waiting on the JH connectors, there is a SPC wire from lunashops out right now.  Haven't heard anything from Twag, wish they just used standard iem connectors Id hook it up to a Twag v2

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #7,575 of 8,377
My Roxanne's are finally in a drawer.  They don't work!!  Right ear had been going in and out for months, and then the left started acting up last week, now nothing.  Very disappointing experience from the delivery wait to this poor quality to no availability of a good cable.  I use these less than once a week, never to exercise or anything else harsh, just sit and listen to music.  I've given up.  iPhone buds completely suck but at least they work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back