New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #7,351 of 8,377
  I don't want to get flamed by custom people, but is there some consensus on the best tips for the Universals?  Unfortunately after going two rounds on my UERM's and not having a seal, then having them too tight, I just wanted to keep things simple. The medium silicone tips that came on the universals are not bad for me out of the box... I'm not a big fan of foam.

I use the JVC Spiral Dot tips (size L) on the Roxanne UF, TG334, Roxanne, F111 and a few other large bore IEMs. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #7,352 of 8,377
  I don't want to get flamed by custom people, but is there some consensus on the best tips for the Universals?  Unfortunately after going two rounds on my UERM's and not having a seal, then having them too tight, I just wanted to keep things simple. The medium silicone tips that came on the universals are not bad for me out of the box... I'm not a big fan of foam.

I use the medium comply tips. Right out of the box they were too sibilant for me with the silicone. However, now they sound good with either though I prefer the comply. 

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #7,353 of 8,377
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of foam tips. They're just not comfortable in my ears. They just feel scratchy. My favorite tips came with my Senn IE80's. They are soft foam but covered in thin plastic. All day comfortable. I ordered the JVC Spiral Ears. Too bad they don't make a variety pack to try out different sizes. Hopefully M will do it.

Jan 3, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #7,358 of 8,377
  Please make a short review on that cable after you start using it! Thanks ><

Sure but it may take a while for me to get the cable.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #7,360 of 8,377
Sound wise does Noble or Westone compete well with JH Audio? Or is JH Audio unmatched with Freqphase and other JH Audio proprietary technology?

Personally, I like the SQ of my K10 slightly better than the Roxanne, can't say for the 13 or 16.

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #7,363 of 8,377
Sound wise does Noble or Westone compete well with JH Audio? Or is JH Audio unmatched with Freqphase and other JH Audio proprietary technology?

Entirely subjective, but the K10 is a better performer in comparison to the Roxanne and the JH13 FP. It's a toss up between the Roxanne and the JH13 FP though, depending on your sound signature preference. I'm more partial to the Roxanne, though. Both are better than the JH16 FP, IMO. I haven't heard any of the Westone customs (ES50, ES60), but the W60 is an excellent IEM that compares well with the Roxanne, despite being a lot cheaper.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #7,364 of 8,377
Entirely subjective, but the K10 is a better performer in comparison to the Roxanne and the JH13 FP. It's a toss up between the Roxanne and the JH13 FP though, depending on your sound signature preference. I'm more partial to the Roxanne, though. Both are better than the JH16 FP, IMO. I haven't heard any of the Westone customs (ES50, ES60), but the W60 is an excellent IEM that compares well with the Roxanne, despite being a lot cheaper.

Entirely subjective, but the Roxanne's is a better performer...I can say the same thing.

Listen to both, make up your own mind.

If you can't do that, try to find a trusted source and get his or her opinion about both.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #7,365 of 8,377
Listening on the K10 demo, both Roxanne and K10 sound signature is quite different.

K10 has extended high and has some shimmer on the bass.Very energetic iem.
Roxanne, I find it very similar to LCD 3f, full bodied, fast and warm. And loves the bass pot.
For W60, its very very butter smooth and laid back. Has less bass compared to the previous 2.

I mean, each has their own characteristics. Its usually down to personal preference at this level.

For Maleovlent, he thinks that W60 compares well with Roxanne. But I find W60 lacking in base and too smooth for my listening. Less definition in the music. Thus, I'll rate Roxanne a notch or 2 higher than W60. Its actually quite a personal taste. From my preference, you might tell I like more bass quantity vs Maleovlent.  Like what Trogdar said if you cant demo them, find  a reference from trusted source how he compares the IEM and reference it to one of the ones you owned.
But this will probably be the last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back