New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 22, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,931 of 8,377
Just doesn't make sense for a company to put out a product, which is all about first impressions, and have the end-user put in work to make it sound like it's supposed to. It's really shocking to me because JH is known to excel at Rock but after listening to a few songs they sound so muddy/bloated I can barely make out the guitar tune but can make out the drums/snares. Plugging in a 10 dollar pair of headphones, I can easily hear the melody.

Right out of the box, my JH Roxanne sounded so good it put my trustry Sony 535 and my revered Sennheiser IE800 to shame.

If your Roxanne sounded worse than a $10 pair of headphones, my only explanation is that they send you a $5 pair of IEM by mistake.

Or perhaps you may want to consider that you have a defective pair of earphones. I would send them back and get another pair before passing any final judgement.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #6,934 of 8,377
You really should, even though the Roxanne universal do sound different to the custom or the AKR03, they shouldn't sound anything less than good, there must be some problem with them. Like I said my first AKR03 were faulty, the distributor had to do some tests to confirm that one or of the BA drivers in the right channel were faulty. Definitely should send them back or have them replaced.

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #6,936 of 8,377
The Roxannes sound like a really fine IEM that I am eager to try. Will be auditioning the JH13, JH16 and Roxanne tomorrow to see which fits best. After being hooked on the Unique Melody Mentors, I hope to be as equally thrilled with one of JH's best.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #6,937 of 8,377
  The Roxannes sound like a really fine IEM that I am eager to try. Will be auditioning the JH13, JH16 and Roxanne tomorrow to see which fits best. After being hooked on the Unique Melody Mentors, I hope to be as equally thrilled with one of JH's best.

I may be mistaken but I thought that, unlike the Roxanne,  the JH13 and JH16 are custom-fit IEM.  Unless you had them fitted to your own ears, how would you know how they fit you?

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #6,938 of 8,377
I may be mistaken but I thought that, unlike the Roxanne,  the JH13 and JH16 are custom-fit IEM.  Unless you had them fitted to your own ears, how would you know how they fit you?

There is a Universal Rox.
Also,CIEM manufacturers often supply dealers with universal versions to give an idea of what tthe full CIEM will sound like.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #6,939 of 8,377
There is a Universal Rox.
Also,CIEM manufacturers often supply dealers with universal versions to give an idea of what tthe full CIEM will sound like.

Understood.  I own a pair of Roxanne (universal fit).

But I thought you said uyou "Will be auditioning the JH13, JH16 and Roxanne tomorrow to see which fits best." [my bold emphasis] so I was just wandering how you would find out about the "fit" of the JHs if they have not been properly"fitted" for your ear canals. These [size=13.3333330154419px]IEM are pretty big so [/size]if they do not fit exactly right into your ear canals, they can be quite painful to wear in the long run (over a few hours) which you cannot find out at the dealers with short listening session.  

Also you can find out only about the sound of the "universal" JH only approximately as the fit has a lot to do with the sound, especially the bass.

The only sure and safe way with the fit and sound the JH is to buy them and have them molded correctly to your ears.  That was my experience.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #6,940 of 8,377
  Understood.  I own a pair of Roxanne (universal fit).

But I thought you said uyou "Will be auditioning the JH13, JH16 and Roxanne tomorrow to see which fits best." [my bold emphasis] so I was just wandering how you would find out about the "fit" of the JHs if they have not been properly"fitted" for your ear canals. These [size=13.3333330154419px]IEM are pretty big so [/size]if they do not fit exactly right into your ear canals, they can be quite painful to wear in the long run (over a few hours) which you cannot find out at the dealers with short listening session.  

Also you can find out only about the sound of the "universal" JH only approximately as the fit has a lot to do with the sound, especially the bass.

The only sure and safe way with the fit and sound the JH is to buy them and have them molded correctly to your ears.  That was my experience.

Hi Justin, sorry for the misunderstanding, but I meant to say that I would be auditioning the universal JH13, 16 and Roxanne to see which sound I liked best.

Anyway, I was not able to listen to the Roxannes, as the cable was defective. However, I was very impressed with the JH13 FP's sound, which was thoroughly engaging and cohesive.

Nevertheless, thanks to the many impressions on this thread, I actually placed an order for a pair of custom Roxannes. This is the first time that I have purchased a headphone/IEM without a prior audition, but I am certain that it would be a great choice. My only concern is the long lead times required to manufacture them. Btw, how long did you take to receive yours? I was given an estimated time of about 2-3 months.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #6,941 of 8,377
Great!

I bought my Roxanne from Todd (TTVJ) and I got it overnight--free shipping!  There was a LR imbalance in this unit so Todd sent me another one overnight before I even got a chance to ship the first one back!

In my opinion, the JH13/JH16 fit better in the ear canals as they are custom jobs but to my ears the Roxanne sound slightly better with more sweet details.  The bass adjustment is also very useful though this makes any cable upgrade difficult.

You will enjoy the Roxanne.  Best IEM I ever bought.  Now I have to sell my Shure SE535 and my Sennheiser IE800...

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #6,942 of 8,377
Great!

I bought my Roxanne from Todd (TTVJ) and I got it overnight--free shipping!  There was a LR imbalance in this unit so Todd sent me another one overnight before I even got a chance to ship the first one back!

In my opinion, the JH13/JH16 fit better in the ear canals as they are custom jobs but to my ears the Roxanne sound slightly better with more sweet details.  The bass adjustment is also very useful though this makes any cable upgrade difficult.

You will enjoy the Roxanne.  Best IEM I ever bought.  Now I have to sell my Shure SE535 and my Sennheiser IE800...
Hi Justin. Didn't mean to teach granny to suck eggs! I thought you may be new to this. Sorry. Interested to hear that you had channel balance issues. I have an appointment with my very helpful dealer on Tuesday to identify the cause of same in my 13fp's. Did you have new impressions or were your originals tweaked?

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #6,944 of 8,377
  Great!

I was also debating getting a universal Roxanne, as the shop had one left in stock. In the end, I decided to chance it and wait for a custom version instead.

Anyway, I see that you have an SE535, an IEM that I really loved, but sold it sometime ago. If I may ask, how's the overall sound of the Roxanne compared with the SE535?

Now I can't really wait for my Roxannes. A better sounding JH13 will be well worth its price.

My Roxannes sound really nice...definitely a special CIEM...but they still hurt after the 3 refit
frown.gif
I have owned / own a few CIEMs and never had such a hard time getting a half decent fit.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Mimouille. Short of looking back at the past pages, may I know what issues are you experiencing with your fits/refits? Do they break the seal too easily?

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #6,945 of 8,377
QUOTE:

I was also debating getting a universal Roxanne, as the shop had one left in stock. In the end, I decided to chance it and wait for a custom version instead.

Anyway, I see that you have an SE535, an IEM that I really loved, but sold it sometime ago. If I may ask, how's the overall sound of the Roxanne compared with the SE535?

Now I can't really wait for my Roxannes. A better sounding JH13 will be well worth its price.

No comparison:  The Roxanne is in a different league. The sweet details on the Roxanne are just astounding.  The clarity in the mid-range is also uncanny.  

You do need to get a good seal with the ear tips with the Roxanne.  Then you get great bass also.  I have to step back about about 1/3 on the bass adjustment to  get a balanced sound overall for my ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back