New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #5,821 of 8,377
Burn in is like a haircut.  It doesn't look great the first day, but the next couple days you begin to like and appreciate it.  You know why? Because you adjust and get used to the new look.  

May 28, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #5,824 of 8,377
Any news on shipments? :frowning2:...
They told me that my pair was in production on the 6th of this month...
Tried calling them 3 times already, no response...
I am one of the CF BlackFriday orders and impressions received on the 5th of Dec.

May 28, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #5,826 of 8,377
Just got mine ordered during the mooks festival in Singapore. This is my 6th customs, i must said other than the long wait, it is really disappointing as the fit is totally off. I can't even wear it for more than 10 mins.. shall return it soon..

regards

May 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5,828 of 8,377
  Just got mine ordered during the mooks festival in Singapore. This is my 6th customs, i must said other than the long wait, it is really disappointing as the fit is totally off. I can't even wear it for more than 10 mins.. shall return it soon..

regards

If mine are fitting like yours, I will be going crazy...
To have them after such a wait and then to send them back... the horror...

May 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #5,829 of 8,377

regards

That sucks. After 2 refits and 4 months to get those two refit done, I am now being ignored by them, completely. I have a couple of useless lumps of acrylic and drivers and over $1K thrown down the drain. 

Hope things go better for you 
triportsad.gif

May 28, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #5,830 of 8,377
That sucks. After 2 refits and 4 months to get those two refit done, I am now being ignored by them, completely. I have a couple of useless lumps of acrylic and drivers and over $1K thrown down the drain. 

Hope things go better for you :triportsad:  

I know nothing about consumer law but it seems to me that when you paid your money you entered into a contract for JHA to supply you with a custom IEM. With refits as necessary. With my 13fp I was told that I had a month to decide if refits were necessary. I would think that assuming that you have met with JHA's terms and conditions you would have recourse through trading standards or whatever. It is dreadful if JHA have descended to this level of customer care. Maybe legal action would concentrate their minds!

May 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #5,831 of 8,377
I remember a time when you couldn't go wrong with JH customs; everybody under the sun hyped the crap out of them.

But...I don't get all the love for this company after reading about so many terrible customer service experiences; this didn't just begin recently it seems... has been a trend for some time with JH for a while now.

Based on all of this... how is Jerry Harvey still a rockstar in "the HF community"?  Has he answered for any of these allegations?

May 28, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #5,832 of 8,377
The few times I have met Mr. Harvey he has been very kind and genuine. His friendliness coupled with unique products keeps his company in the headlines here on Head-Fi. That's my two cents.

May 29, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #5,834 of 8,377
The few times I have met Mr. Harvey he has been very kind and genuine. His friendliness coupled with unique products keeps his company in the headlines here on Head-Fi. That's my two cents.

I've met Jerry once. He was very friendly and open. We had good, mostly technical discussion and I had strong impression he deeply cares about his products. However, this is not enough, as to have successful business and happy customers, you need more than that. JH Audio right now is sinking under their own success and I'm sure they will see the impact of their service (or lack of it) on the number of future orders. I also hope they will be able to recover, but right now all I can see is increasing waiting times and possible degradation in quality (refits) - I don't have strong data to confirm this, but this is how it looks like from reading around.

For the record: I'm waiting for Roxannes ordered mid-March, I'm not complaining yet, but I hope they will eventually come and they will fit.

May 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #5,835 of 8,377

I seem to remember reading that both Cosmic Ears AND fisher inearz have reshelled jh13 freqphases (or at least able to). For more confirmation you would be better off popping into the relevant threads and asking there.  As for reshelling roxanne unknown.

yeah, inearz reshells 13 and 16s all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back