New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #5,656 of 8,377
How are they able to say that JH prints the CF? I mean... How do they know how the CIEM gets manifactured? It also doesn't make sense when looking at the previous flaws like the bubbles etc. Because of those biased employees, the whole brand just sinks to the bottom of my appreciation river... I find this really cheap marketing to blundly say something about an other brand without justifying it...
Isn't the Roxanne manufactured with a full carbon fiber shell? Isn't that the reason for the long lead time?

May 15, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #5,657 of 8,377
May 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #5,658 of 8,377
I think AAW has deleted that comment about JH's CF from their Facebook page.
Awwwwwww. What a waste. Wish they would stand by what they said.

May 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #5,659 of 8,377
May 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #5,660 of 8,377
  Maybe what they said wasn't true? 

Is it possible that what they're referring to, is that prior to the Roxanne CF, JH Audio did have a carbon fiber design for their faceplates?  I don't have the Roxannes, but the pictures I've seen here appear to show uneven CF patterns that make it look like it was a pain in the a** to wrap into a ciem shell. So if I had to guess, it's probably real CF.

May 16, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #5,665 of 8,377
Is it possible that what they're referring to, is that prior to the Roxanne CF, JH Audio did have a carbon fiber design for their faceplates?  I don't have the Roxannes, but the pictures I've seen here appear to show uneven CF patterns that make it look like it was a pain in the a** to wrap into a ciem shell. So if I had to guess, it's probably real CF.

If it's not real CF, then they have done a great job... my CFs certainly have the moving 3d effect that carbon weave has when it is moved under the light. It certainly looks like real CF to me.

I think if it came to light that the CF was printed and not real CF, JH would find themselves on the end of some serious mis-sale of goods enquiries...

May 16, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #5,666 of 8,377

True - there's little specks of silver peaking thru on mine.

But one of the plastic nuts began to disintegrate on my 2 month old clear cable, it's nice to know that won't be a concern anymore.

They should keep the metal color for the nuts without painting them black for the clear cables:)

Ps. anyone an idea how long the CF shelling takes? They told me that they were in production 10 days ago, eager to receive them:)!

May 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #5,667 of 8,377
True - there's little specks of silver peaking thru on mine.

But one of the plastic nuts began to disintegrate on my 2 month old clear cable, it's nice to know that won't be a concern anymore.

I'll be taping off the surrounding area and attempt to remove the paint with a brass wire brush... I'll post pictures of my success (or failure) when I'm done.

May 16, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #5,668 of 8,377
I am bit confused. Please help. 

Thinking about getting the ultimate IEM (universal) only. Had almost made my mind for Roxanne, but also weighing SE846 with balanced cable and now I heard about Tralucent Ref1s. My music taste is pop, classical, jazz.... Everyday music source is my AK240 DAP. Unfortunately I cannot try any of these IEMs in New Zealand. So I have to make the decisions based on the member fede

I couldnt find any comparison between balanced SE846, Tralucent Ref1 (I know it is not out yet) and Roxannes.

When giving your views please consider I am willing to use AK240's balanced out,
no one seems to reply to my question. Is this the wrong thread to ask this question?

May 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #5,669 of 8,377
  They should keep the metal color for the nuts without painting them black for the clear cables:)

Ps. anyone an idea how long the CF shelling takes? They told me that they were in production 10 days ago, eager to receive them:)!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do that down the road.  They probably just got in a bunch of nuts and have been retrofitting existing cables, which is the more reasonable approach.

May 16, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #5,670 of 8,377

If it's not real CF, then they have done a great job... my CFs certainly have the moving 3d effect that carbon weave has when it is moved under the light. It certainly looks like real CF to me.

I think if it came to light that the CF was printed and not real CF, JH would find themselves on the end of some serious mis-sale of goods enquiries...
Is it your understanding that your Roxanne is made from a shell that is carbon fiber and not acrylic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back