New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #5,431 of 8,377
  Originally posted by BearFNF:

"Might be dumb, but I'll ask anyway, 
blink.gif
 Is it the earpieces or your ears? Have you had your ears checked lately? You could try switching the cable left to right and see if it follows the cable or the stays the same."

Since the balance on the JH16's and all of my other headphones sound fine I know it's the Roxanne's and yes I swapped the cable Left to Right and Right to left to verify.  :)

May 5, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #5,433 of 8,377
Might be dumb, but I'll ask anyway, :blink:  Is it the earpieces or your ears? Have you had your ears checked lately? You could try switching the cable left to right and see if it follows the cable or the stays the same.

there's a good chance it might be your ears. I used to experience this when I would wear my earphones for extended periods of time also using the special ear lubricant that came with my IEM.

if you also have a very slight cold that may also hinder your hearing especially the LowS aka the bass.

Just my 2 cents.

May 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #5,434 of 8,377
there's a good chance it might be your ears. I used to experience this when I would wear my earphones for extended periods of time also using the special ear lubricant that came with my IEM.

if you also have a very slight cold that may also hinder your hearing especially the LowS aka the bass.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm on my phone and didn't get to check your reply. So I guess you should ignore what I said.

May 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #5,435 of 8,377
Full CF Roxanne Ordered 12/2/13 (JHA already had my impressions from a previous order) Arrived 4/30/14.  The finishing on the IEM is excellent no bubbles or prints and the cable is the one with the aluminum collars.  My primary use for these is to separate my wall less man cave from the family room to isolate me & my music from disturbing my significant other and daughter and isolating me from intellectual television programming (like pretty little liars) when I want to listen to music.  So far they excel at this purpose!  I'm trying to get used to the fit.  They were made from the same impressions as my JH16 Pro's but the tip that goes into the ear canal is considerably larger for both Left & Right Roxanne.  They look perfect in the ears and do not stick out even though the whole IEM is considerably larger than the JH16.  It will probably take me a month or more to get to some real sonic impressions but so far they sound great but different out of the several amps I've tried them with:  AK120, SR71A, Woo WA6SE, Earmax Anniversay, and EAR HP4.  For both ear pieces to sound balanced in volume I must have the left control fully counter clockwise and the right control 3/4  clockwise.  This unfortunately is not a problem with the control on the cable (easily replaceable) but the IEM's themselves.  With that being said they sound great adjusted that way so I'm still trying to decide whether to send them back for fit adjustments and diagnostics or just enjoy them as-is......... :confused:  :D

That's just great. I ordered on CF Rox on BF and my order # is 11942. They had my impressions from a previous order, too. My ETA is mid to late May. This is pathetic.

May 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #5,436 of 8,377
Hey guys. This should be interesting; I placed my order for a set of Acrylic Roxannes on the 28th of March and JHA's website shows my impressions were received on the 10th of April. Lets start the timer for how long this takes and I'll update you as and when I hear any news on my order progressing forward. Last time I saw anything about these from JHA, they were showing a pair (full CF model) which had finally reached their owner...7 months later!

confused_face(1).gif

Lets hope there aren't still people waiting that long...

J

May 6, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #5,437 of 8,377
Order #12288

December 5th 2013:
"There is no rush orders on the new Roxanne. This order is estimated to ship out Late February.We haven't started shipping any Roxanne Carbon fiber as of yet. Very soon maybe this week.
Thanks,
Angie"

December 7th: Impressions received at JHA.

March 10th 2014:
"Your order is near completion I will ship with a clear cable but the case should not hold up the order at all.

Thanks,
Angie"

April 15th 2014: Over a month after my order being near completion...
"Hi Daniel, Unfortunately your piece is still in the lab and will be a few more weeks in production.
I will keep watching it's progress and let you know when it's shipping out.

Thanks,
Angie"

I made sure to say I want them in May, and no exception

"I will make sure that happens. I feel so bad. You shouldn't have received that email. They are so awesome and worth the wait!!

Thanks you!
Angie"

Needless to say, communication and organization was and still is beyond poor. I better get these soon.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 6, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #5,438 of 8,377
Well I just had a completely unexpected delivery.

CF BF order number 12255.

I didn't even really inspect them yet. I just put them straight in my ears. The only thing I noticed so far is I have a clear cable but it has the new aluminium nuts & I ordered the black cable (go figure).

I'm listening to them now (half asleep still though). Haven't touched the bass dials yet but as others have stated I'm finding them pretty dark right out of the box. I like dark though :)

I'll take some pics when I can get them out my ears...

May 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #5,443 of 8,377
I'll get some pics up for you later... I am out and about at the moment!

Rest assured, they look great, sound great, fit great - in fact, scratch that, they are the best fit I've ever had (which was a worry given the time that the impressions have been sitting at JHA) 

May 6, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #5,445 of 8,377
I'll get some pics up for you later... I am out and about at the moment!

Rest assured, they look great, sound great, fit great - in fact, scratch that, they are the best fit I've ever had (which was a worry given the time that the impressions have been sitting at JHA) 

A little patience goes a long way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back