New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 2, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #5,356 of 8,377
Interesting thread for sure... Lol. Anyway, I'm seriously debating picking these up as well. I'm leaning towards getting them as they look perfect and love the setup. I'm probably going to get the universals if I get anything. I've never done custom and don't think this is the pair I want to experiment with. Also, the universals I have, fit rather well.

Has anyone paired these with Sony zx1 yet? Or even more specific, with zx1 and an intruder?

Anyone in South Florida that has a set of universals wants to meet up, drop me a PM. Hell, even if you have customs and would like to try them on my rig, drop me a PM.

May 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #5,357 of 8,377
I finally received my custom CF Roxanne (order 11601) last night after playing tag with the FED EX man for almost a week.  Its my first custom (sorry troll guy, lol) so my thoughts are limited.

Fit and finish seems very good.  No complaints.

Good sound after only 3-4 hours straight out of iPhone.

I got black cable with super nuts :)

May 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #5,358 of 8,377
  I finally received my custom CF Roxanne (order 11601) last night after playing tag with the FED EX man for almost a week.  Its my first custom (sorry troll guy, lol) so my thoughts are limited.

Congratz
beerchug.gif

May 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #5,360 of 8,377

PICS!!!!!

May 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #5,361 of 8,377

Congrats and enjoy!! :D

May 2, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #5,363 of 8,377
Does anyone know where to get the universals in Canada/Canadian dealer?

May 2, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #5,366 of 8,377
What type of Comply does the Roxanne universals use? The foam tips that come with the Roxannes are Comply right? 

May 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #5,367 of 8,377
I've been searching in several forums but couldn't find anything.   Just curious if there's been any consensus on good portable amp pairings if someone chooses to go that route?

May 2, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #5,368 of 8,377
  I've been searching in several forums but couldn't find anything.   Just curious if there's been any consensus on good portable amp pairings if someone chooses to go that route?

I use a MK3B with good results, synergy wise. 

May 2, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #5,369 of 8,377

Why would you fixate yourself of finding an amp for Roxanne? It sounded good straight out of an iPhone 5. Even better on Hifi DAPs.

It sure is not about power which is what an amp is suppose to provide since Roxanne like any iems are very easy to drive and don't require much power.

I suggest you better look for a better DAP or source than a portable amp.

May 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #5,370 of 8,377
Perhaps the biggest benefit of universals, is that if you go into a head-fi thread for a universal IEM, they're actually talking about the sound of the IEM, instead of devoting 90% of their posts complaining about the many many problems with the preparation, creation, processing time and post-delivery flaws of their customs. See for example the SE846 thread, the IE800 thread and on and on.

Hopefully now that JH is making universal Roxannes, more universal owners will populate this thread and -- perhaps -- we can talk about the sound of the IEM.

This thread is proof that custom IEMs might be the most pointless, useless and indeed time and thought sucking "invention" ever.

My conclusion is exactly the Reverse. This thread proves conclusively that custom is worth all the efforts and frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back