New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5,207 of 8,377
Jerry told the Google audience that he can't make the Roxanne fast enough. Perhaps he should've confessed that he can't make them (at all) and asked for Google's help. (Just kidding, I suppose).

It seems like a nightmare for some and yet the desire for these continue. I still plan on trying the universal whenever it's available.

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #5,209 of 8,377
I still don't have mine and I'm not making any excuses for JHA, but I took the posted advice and call Andrew Regan yesterday. I had a very nice but candid conversation with him. He seemed very interested in improving the issues we are complaining about. When the Rox was announced they expected approximately 100 orders. What they got was more than 1000. I didn't ask if that was CF or acrylic or a combination of both. He said it's a good problem to have but has put a lot of stresses on the small business. They continue to add people, in fact they reportedly added 6 more people last week.

It does not excuse the QA issues or any other issues for that matter. I think they are well aware of the problems and they continue to work on improving them. I hope they will emerge stronger and wiser having lived through these challenges.

I'm reserving final judgment for when mine arrive. I honestly do feel better after my conversation. I highly recommend calling and getting info straight from the horses mouth...sorry Andrew.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #5,211 of 8,377
I called to ask about my second refit. It's been there for 2 weeks now and she said that it is in a big pile. They are going to come in on Saturday to work through that "big pile" I guess. Just a heads up for anyone that has a refit or repair waiting. 

I agree with most. I think this is probably the best IEM on the market, but I have no faith and would not recommend anything from JH Audio in the future. I would rather see Jerry design IEMs and have a competent company manufacture them. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #5,216 of 8,377
On a brighter note, I figured out how to wrap the cable around the custom insert.

Start off as depicted in the photo and continue wrapping front to back.

For the anal retentive folks, like me.

:)

Apr 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #5,217 of 8,377
The question is what was done when they got 1000 orders instead of 100 as they are expecting? Sure they hired more people, was it enough to fulfill orders on time? Was there any appropriate communication about the expected delays. At least they could have done this much earlier. This would allow people to make a decision to hold on and wait or cancel.

Instead, they were just silent and gave inconsistent if not false ETAs. They hold on to people's money for too long without giving back any incentives. They should have at least taken a partial payment and not a full payment if they are going to have long delays. In short, they could have done better communicating to their customer.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #5,218 of 8,377
Would it kill JHA to send a regular batch email to those on the waiting list, saying "We haven't forgotten you, we're working hard, we appreciate your business and your patience, we grovel at your feet and beg your forgiveness for the unconscionable delay..."
Even better would be something like, "We currently have XXX carbon fiber Roxanne orders in the queue. Yours is XX from the top, and we are shipping XX pairs weekly (hopefully not just X pairs!) BTW, turnaround time on acrylic Roxannes is about XX business days from receipt of impressions."
This could be done with a simple program, guys, and would certainly take less staff time than answering phone calls. More importantly, it would provide both solid information and hope - two things JHA apparently feels us paying customers aren't entitled to.
Bad show, JHA. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #5,219 of 8,377
Could also put a regular update on facebook page as well.  All I know is if I had paid the sort of money for roxannes and been forced to wait this long I would not be a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back