New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #5,176 of 8,377
Certainly looks like it huh?

Doesn't it make you feel good?

I lost that loving feeling in early February when the original early estimate had long passed.

Now I spend each day trying to figure out how to get myself out of this nightmare of wasted money. Tomorrow I will be dropping Mr Regan a line and with any luck he won't be out on the show circuit with Mr Harvey.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #5,177 of 8,377
Warning, I am about to ask a stupid question!
:)

How the heck do you wrap the cable around the custom case?
Every time I try, it never looks how jh shipped it to me. The Y connect and bass pot never end up where they should be.

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #5,178 of 8,377
^ It takes me a few times to get it right. When I do get it right, I never know how 
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #5,179 of 8,377
I never use the CF case I use a small pelican case (#1010) or the round JH case.  Jude had a good idea of removing the insert and using a small padded pouch inside the CF case.

Oh, and I got an email today saying they are going to ship me a black cable with the aluminum collars, looks like the cable production has caught up...
blink.gif

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #5,181 of 8,377
  ^ It takes me a few times to get it right. When I do get it right, I never know how 
tongue.gif

I never use the CF case I use a small pelican case (#1010) or the round JH case.  Jude had a good idea of removing the insert and using a small padded pouch inside the CF case.

Thanks,  That pelican looks good.  

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #5,184 of 8,377
Apr 24, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #5,185 of 8,377
While I'm totally enjoying this superb crazy ass one hell of an iem, I really feel bad for those who have been waiting for months. I can only imagine it being very exhausting for them and getting empty promises week after week.

They really should come clean and inform their customers as to why the delay and giving them the option of refund. The wait itself is acceptable but the generic emails and promises are the ones pissing people off.

That said, for the more patient ones do hold it in there as the Roxanne's are truly in a league of its own. Good things come to those who wait

Very exhausting...

I'm a patient person.... I just don't appreciate all the social media posts that are coming out of JH A at the moment, when there's a big problem that they are clearly not addressing effectively.

I don't want to see Jerry at Google giving it all the chat when there's such a big problem with getting units out of his manufacturing facility. I certainly don't want to hear about him giving a set of Roxannes away when there's paid up customers who aren't getting orders fulfilled. I don't want to hear the BS via email from Angie or whoever. I just want JHA to fulfil their end of the bargain. I paid top dollar as an early, pre BF adopter.

Are JHA actually advertising the fact that there are long delays on their website? No. But they'll keep on taking people's money...

I really wish I could tell everybody how great these Roxannes are - and I'm sure that they will be great... But I don't know if I'll even be on this planet anymore if they ever land in my post box.

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #5,186 of 8,377
So the idea behind the 4 drivers for each of the 3 bands is for being able to boost or decrease any of the 3 ranges right?  Is that why the cable is so thick? I'm thinking that each of the driver is wired to the middle dial thingy.  I wonder how it works.  Does it shut off each 1,2, or 3 of the 4 drivers in each range if you want to decrease that range?

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #5,187 of 8,377
So the idea behind the 4 drivers for each of the 3 bands is for being able to boost or decrease any of the 3 ranges right?  Is that why the cable is so thick? I'm thinking that each of the driver is wired to the middle dial thingy.  I wonder how it works.  Does it shut off each 1,2, or 3 of the 4 drivers in each range if you want to decrease that range?

No. Only the bass frequencies can be adjusted. That's why it's a bass pot not a frequency pot...

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #5,189 of 8,377
  Ok then, I don't see the point behind 4 drivers for each range of the crossover.  I don't see why 12 drivers are necessary.  

Read about drivers in series/parallel and the effects that has on impedance and the treble extension... seen the specs for the Roxanne treble extension? Find that on another IEM. In order to balance that out, you need to beef out the other drivers to get the tuning right. In addition, for most instances, the more drivers, the more headroom you'll have.

It wouldn't surprise me if other manufacturers offered 3 way pots on their cables for treble, mid, bass tinkering. For most people, the high and mids are satisfactory - it's the bass that people always focus on - and hence, I'm guessing the reason why JH focused on just that.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,190 of 8,377
Are these delays for the customs or universals? I am hesistant to get customs, because then I obviously cannot re-sell them, and not sure I want to take a risk not liking their sound for $1500 and be stuck with them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back