New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #5,101 of 8,377

Sorry to hear that - this is the first case of clear nuts breaking reported on this thread.  Has anyone else had issues?

JH's stance is there is no problem w/ the clear cables, that's why everyone was getting clear cables until they had aluminum nuts for the black cables.

So if you order a black cable today, you will get one w/ an aluminum nut.  Clear cable, you will still get a plastic nut.

I have had the clear cable for 2 months now and the nuts are still perfectly intact.

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #5,105 of 8,377
I've not read any recent impressions of the SQ from new owners.  If anyone has had the Parterre's, would these be a significant upgrade or just a different sound signature?  Thanks!

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #5,106 of 8,377
Hello all, I've had mine with clear cable for 6 weeks I've only taken one nut off one time, they are fine. Also my cable is not turning green yet. Other then a small bubble (clear acrylic) in my left ear piece, that I didn't even see until reviewing pics on my laptop that I took with my DSLR and macro lens under good light, everything else is perfect. Fit was pretty snug at first now they fit great. They sound fantastic. I ordered on 1/13 got them on 3/5. For all you CF guys that are still waiting, I would be flipping out I sure feel for you, but they sure do sound good.
Timothy

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #5,111 of 8,377
Spent an hour today with the universal roxannes and my new X5.
Sound was just sensational and the bass sublime. I really really liked the sound signature. Also they fitted very snugly and i got a perfect seal so would happily settle for the uni's rather than go through the current custom grief.

listening to my fave techno/bigbeat track (Underworld's - Pearls Girl) was just out of this world. An experience i wont forget in a while

if they were available to buy immediately i would have bought a pair there and then. 

does anyone have any definitive eta's on the universals ? 

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #5,112 of 8,377
  Spent an hour today with the universal roxannes and my new X5.
Sound was just sensational and the bass sublime. I really really liked the sound signature. Also they fitted very snugly and i got a perfect seal so would happily settle for the uni's rather than go through the current custom grief.

listening to my fave techno/bigbeat track (Underworld's - Pearls Girl) was just out of this world. An experience i wont forget in a while

if they were available to buy immediately i would have bought a pair there and then. 

does anyone have any definitive eta's on the universals ? 

I dont have an ETA but I ordered mine through Moon Audio and Drew really made sure that JH delivered them on time and replied my emails constantly concerning their statuses. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #5,113 of 8,377

I find it interesting that he thinks flat frequency response is 'boring,' which I am perplexed over this statement. Why do most people associate neutral with being dull and not vibrant. The way I see it, with a neutral response you get out what you put in. If the recording is bassy or trebley, then this will be replicated through the speakers. I do not understand why it is necessary to alter a frequency response in order to 'liven' up the sound. If the recording is dull, then it should sound dull and vice versa. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #5,114 of 8,377
I find it interesting that he thinks flat frequency response is 'boring,' which I am perplexed over this statement. Why do most people associate neutral with being dull and not vibrant. The way I see it, with a neutral response you get out what you put in. If the recording is bassy or trebley, then this will be replicated through the speakers. I do not understand why it is necessary to alter a frequency response in order to 'liven' up the sound. If the recording is dull, then it should sound dull and vice versa. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

There is no one recording standard. Plus, I think you have to compensate for your speakers (earphones, headphones, etc.) being different than the many types of monitors used in many different studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back