New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #5,026 of 8,377
I too believe in long term ear deformation.
A good fit should not feel tight at all and not have hotspots.
You should always get a refit otherwise.

I dunno.  Out of the box they both felt quite tight, but after a day my right ear felt a good size bigger - it had two specific hotspots, one in the deepest interior part of the ear, and one on the outside around the bowl area (whatever that is called). I was pretty sure a refit was in order.  I just wore them alot for 5 days, and after one partcular 10 hour stretch the next day both miraculously popped right in with little pressure.

2 months in they both feel about as perfect as I could imagine - if I opted now for instance to get the right one refit based on the original issues, my ear may adjust to it, but I know initially it would be pretty loose.  If I go a few days without wearing them I do notice my right ear is a bit tighter, but it goes away after about 30 minutes.

I don't think the interior of the ears 'breaking in' a bit is a bad thing, but in the future when getting my next molds done I'll probably first wait a week for my ears to settle.  My attitude about this is with the horror stories of refits, good enough is probably close to ideal for most.  

Perhaps good metric is after a few days of ownership, if you can't wear them for more than an hour without significant soreness, you probably need a refit.  

The moral of this for me is that the interior of the ears are significantly more pliable than I would have first thought.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #5,027 of 8,377
Not only that. If there is no tightness in the ear, there won't be much isolation. I know that because the pair that I sent back for a second refit was tight in my left ear (not painful) and the right ear slid right in. The isolation and seal were much better in the left ear. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #5,029 of 8,377

I dunno.  Out of the box they both felt quite tight, but after a day my right ear felt a good size bigger - it had two specific hotspots, one in the deepest interior part of the ear, and one on the outside around the bowl area (whatever that is called). I was pretty sure a refit was in order.  I just wore them alot for 5 days, and after one partcular 10 hour stretch the next day both miraculously popped right in with little pressure.

2 months in they both feel about as perfect as I could imagine - if I opted now for instance to get the right one refit based on the original issues, my ear may adjust to it, but I know initially it would be pretty loose.  If I go a few days without wearing them I do notice my right ear is a bit tighter, but it goes away after about 30 minutes.

I don't think the interior of the ears 'breaking in' a bit is a bad thing, but in the future when getting my next molds done I'll probably first wait a week for my ears to settle.  My attitude about this is with the horror stories of refits, good enough is probably close to ideal for most.  

Perhaps good metric is after a few days of ownership, if you can't wear them for more than an hour without significant soreness, you probably need a refit.  

The moral of this for me is that the interior of the ears are significantly more pliable than I would have first thought.

IMO you already have a perfect fit and very good isolation. I would not send it for a refit if I were you. There is a big chance you will have an issue with isolation if you do.

From my experience, the soreness, discomfort completely went away after a few days with my JH16 (my first ciem). With Roxanne, it has been perfect since day 1. I ordered them 2 months apart. Perhaps my JH16 trained my ears so when I got my Roxanne, it just pop right in perfectly.

Apr 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #5,030 of 8,377
How long are you guys waiting for the Roxanne?  I bought mine 4 months ago and they are still nowhere in sight...

Apr 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #5,032 of 8,377
Are you acrylic or CF? When did you order, Black Friday?

If you ordered CF, there are a few of us still waiting more than 5 months.

I ordered CF, and bought through Moon Audio because I literally decided last minute at 11:59pm on Black Friday.  

I sent my impressions out in mid December.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #5,033 of 8,377
I ordered CF, and bought through Moon Audio because I literally decided last minute at 11:59pm on Black Friday.  

I sent my impressions out in mid December.

I know there is at least one guy on this site still waiting from an October order and I am early November. My impressions were done by JHA at the time of my order.

Friendly advice, ABANDON this nightmare called CF while you can and change to acrylic. I tried to change myself more than 5 weeks ago, they said I couldn't because they were already in production....like I said that was 5 weeks ago.

I demo'd the product and it is worth it, the CF wait is not. Good luck.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #5,036 of 8,377
I said this back in January during the time I switched to acrylic.

Quote:

Yeah, the CF option has me somewhat uncomfortable that #4 just got theirs, esp. as I'm in the BF queue.  I wouldn't be surprised if it pushed out till summer.

Now, given the sheer lack of CF units seeming to come out, I'm thinking it going to actually be in the fall for many of the BF orders.  They've hired up and had the extra ovens for months now, and it's still a trickle.  

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #5,037 of 8,377
Now, given the sheer lack of CF units seeming to come out, I'm thinking it going to actually be in the fall for many of the BF orders.  They've hired up and had the extra ovens for months now, and it's still a trickle.  

Those who have been left waiting all this time for their cf orders should get a free pair of acrylic to hold them over. :)

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,038 of 8,377
Those who have been left waiting all this time for their cf orders should get a free pair of acrylic to hold them over.
smily_headphones1.gif

In all seriousness, I think you have something here - they should give people who've waited this long just basic acrylic shell Roxannes, and when their 'number is up', send them back so the contents can be refitted to a CF shell.  

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #5,039 of 8,377

In all seriousness, I think you have something here - they should give people who've waited this long just basic acrylic shell Roxannes, and when their 'number is up', send them back so the contents can be refitted to a CF shell.  

That's all good and well, but I fear there would be a very good chance you'd end up with the same waiting issues once you sent back the basic acrylics for refitting.  Maybe at least they could offer a small discount for every shipment made outside a guaranteed time frame.  Chances are pretty good none of this is going to happen.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #5,040 of 8,377
I just send them an e-mail... The fact that there are still Oct. orders open is somewhat of a worry....
It might be so that they are stacking the orders because they are waiting on something to finish them (e.g. case, cable, cable nuts) in that case, it might be likely that Oct. and early Nov will be shipped in the same batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back