New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #3,691 of 8,377
I agree with you, there should be an out for the customer if no work has been done.

I ordered Roxanne universals. They told me I had to order from a dealer and could not order direct. So I did and the dealer charged my credit card in full the day I placed the pre-order on December 11th.

I need to cancel that order. If no one knows when the customs will be done, I am guessing the universals are going to be after that. I wonder if that's even this year!

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #3,692 of 8,377
I ordered Roxanne universals. They told me I had to order from a dealer and could not order direct. So I did and the dealer charged my credit card in full the day I placed the pre-order on December 11th.

I need to cancel that order. If no one knows when the customs will be done, I am guessing the universals are going to be after that. I wonder if that's even this year!

What is the dealers cancelation policy?

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3,693 of 8,377
That would be true if it seemed that JH has a clue about what they are doing. You do not take hundreds of orders on CF CIEMS at 1.5K$ if you have no clue if you can viably produce them in a timely manner (4 months is not a timely manner). I do not complain about delays on the thread because it is useless and anoying, but please do not tell us this situation is normal.

I am patient, but I do agree to the extend that JH needs to manage his orders better. Pérsonaĺly I would cut him sòme slack being the brilliant artist he is but that is my persònal views.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #3,694 of 8,377

That's what I was thinking when I cancelled my pre-order for the universals. With the cable issues, delays and the flaws showing up with the shipped customs I figured the universals would take even longer before they're ready for shipment. It's been a few weeks past the date I was told the Roxanne universals should be shipping out too..

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #3,695 of 8,377
What is the dealers cancelation policy?

Well, I assumed if they haven't shipped anything that I could cancel my order.

I will e-mail them.

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,696 of 8,377
Well, I assumed if they haven't shipped anything that I could cancel my order.

I will e-mail them.

Sadly that's not gonna happen. They don't cancel any order.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #3,698 of 8,377
What dealer? If you don't mind me asking...

I don't want to say until I hear back from them to see what they will do. I don't want to get anyone in trouble...

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #3,700 of 8,377
Really?
Fist off. If a contractor does work for a client and they don't pay... He/she can put a lein on the home... Or did you not know that?!?!

Hows that for rebuttal?

Rofl, this is so off topic but okay...Come over to my place to do some contract work, break any part of the agreement (i.e. not finishing the job by the date agreed), and see how much your lien will hold in court when I don't pay you.

Since JHA can't guarantee a due date on the Roxanne (his agreement is 30-35 business days), we should not have to pay upfront. All the Roxanne pre-orders should have been deposits, not full payments. He gets out of this legally by writing "PLEASE NOTE TURNAROUND TIMES MAY VARY" but this is BS. I would never sign an agreement that said that if the work being done was time-sensitive. Of course for me, getting a CIEM is not time-sensitive, that's why I give them business.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,701 of 8,377
Rofl, this is so off topic but okay...Come over to my place to do some contract work, break any part of the agreement (i.e. not finishing the job by the date agreed), and see how much your lien will hold in court when I don't pay you.

Since JHA can't guarantee a due date on the Roxanne (his agreement is 30-35 business days), we should not have to pay upfront. All the Roxanne pre-orders should have been deposits, not full payments. He gets out of this legally by writing "PLEASE NOTE TURNAROUND TIMES MAY VARY" but this is BS. I would never sign an agreement that said that if the work being done was time-sensitive. Of course for me, getting a CIEM is not time-sensitive, that's why I give them business.

Keep ROFL... Don't hurt yourself...
You sound like a lawyer... I hate lawyers.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #3,702 of 8,377

Do you read what you write? You said it yourself... There is NO contract to deliver within a prescribed time..
So... What are you talking about?
You bought knowing the Sellers terms. Now you're moaning about it.
Somebody call this person a whambulance.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3,703 of 8,377
Why would any manufacturer build something that is CUSTOM without receiving %100 of the money up front?
Seems pretty normal to me....
If I had to guess. They simply didn't anticipate the amount of CF orders they received. Cf is cured in a vacuum oven.
These ovens aren't purchased @ sears!
From PO to shipment/installation...
Things take time...

Not all the time, some take a deposit at least 50% of the full amount. The manufacturer provides an ETA and advises the client if there is any delay or issues along the way in timely manner. They even put this in black and white upfront. I have ordered a few customs from different manufactures and 1 out of 2 gets delayed. However, I get notified if it's delayed and when they expects to deliver it. The delay never lasted more than a week. 

Any thing we buy over the internet we pay up front don't we. Unless it is something not in stock. And even then if we do not know we pay in full. And given the item is custom made and of no use to others it should be paid complete up front

Have we run out of things to talk about here and now we bash jerry for taking our money and making promises and not keeping them. LOL. how rude of us. But joking aside the upfront payment thing is fine and always done with most anything we buy.

Al

With ll due respect, where is it written that anything you buy online must be paid in full when it comes to customs? There are custom works that you can pay online and only take a down payment upfront and the customer pays in full once the work is done. This is only fair since both sides share the risk. Upfront payment is fine, but there must come a responsibility of a timely delivery.

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #3,704 of 8,377
Not all the time, some take a deposit at least 50% of the full amount. The manufacturer provides an ETA and advises the client if there is any delay or issues along the way in timely manner. They even put this in black and white upfront. I have ordered a few customs from different manufactures and 1 out of 2 gets delayed. However, I get notified if it's delayed and when they expects to deliver it. The delay never lasted more than a week. 

With ll due respect, where is it written that anything you buy online must be paid in full when it comes to customs? There are custom works that you can pay online and only take a down payment upfront and the customer pays in full once the work is done. This is only fair since both sides share the risk. Upfront payment is fine, but there must come a responsibility of a timely delivery.

Give me an example please? Names of businesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back