New iRiver AK70
Jun 22, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #47 of 1,293

Well, Android is built off the Linux kernel, so technically it's linux based :wink: 

It's definitely Android, I'm working on getting a debugging bridge open to mine so that I can try to install an app or two on it. But there is a pretty good chance that an out of the box Android app wouldn't work on it, even if you managed to get it installed. Probably missing a lot of the AOSP API that the app would depend on. Probably have to write it specifically for the A&K. I could be wrong about that, but that seems to be the case to me. 

I guess the firmware upgrade is to apply the required API to allow usb otg (USB audio) function on AK2xx and AK3xx. 

Beside missing the required API, the CPU speed will be a matter for running Tidal smoothly.

Jun 22, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #48 of 1,293

mmm......I'm still going forward with purchase of AK 70 (reserved already with my dealer, to be used as pure transport to pair with either the Eclipse or the CDM, depending on my mood.. Lighter, smaller, thinner than the AK 380 cu and the AK 240. I'd like to lengthen the battery life of my cu (wasted as pure transport, assuming the USB becomes a digital-out).

Wait, who's that dealer?! :p

How much is the estimated cost?

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #51 of 1,293
 Wait, who's that dealer?! :p

How much is the estimated cost?

mmm....pare, it is Egghead Audiohub. He's been selling AKs for a number of years now. NO price quote yet.

I thought you have another dealer. Man, you've got plenty of AKs already! I'm just here if you happen to dispose some of them. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #55 of 1,293
Jun 25, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #60 of 1,293
The AK70 has an excellent combo of features, design, size and price.

This is the first Astell&Kern DAP that I'm seriously considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back