New iQube and Problems...
Jul 13, 2008 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Seanincols

New Head-Fier
My iQube just stopped working out of the blue. I unplugged the ipod and headphones and replugged them in. Now its working fine.

Is this a sign of things to come?...

This is my first experience with an amp and haven't had it but for about two weeks. Batteries are still strong, haven't even come close to the 90hr mark thats common for batteries with this amp.

Anyone else had this problem with an amp?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 14
The amp functioned for about 10 minutes after being unplugged for 10 or so minutes, then stopped working again.

I watched the power LED dim as it went out. Turned it off and on a couple times and its working again. hmmm...

Any takers on what the problem might be?

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 14
I have 2 iQubes and they have been faultless thus far. Few questions. First, are you using rechargeable batteries? Second, is this a first charge, or have you charged them using the USB cable before? Two weeks is a long time in normal usage and I think 90 hours is a big stretch.

I know it is a pain to crack it open, but I'm guessing this is a battery issue. I would also reccommend using non-rechargeable standard, high quality alkaline bateries. Let's start there.

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 14
The batteries were in it when I recieved the iQube.

Am trying to open the damn thing to put some eneloop rechargeables in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Any suggestions for the opening issue? lol

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 14
Is the LED power light blinking?

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #10 of 14
Your batts are dead I'll bet or at least low if you've not charged or put in fresh ones.

On opening. Hold the unit with the power switch up as shown in the instructions. Use both fingers and push down firmly on the outside edge and push out as you are pushing down. Keep doing this until you've got the first side loose. Now the fun starts. When the first side is loose, you've got to get the other side off. It has two hooks to open. First close the first side you opened slightly (not so that it clicks back into place though) and hold it right there. Then gently slide your fingernail into the crack on the other side right at th corner where the gain switch is. Slide your fingernail in the crack and then slightly open the first side again, Your fingernail will help pop loose the second side.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #11 of 14
Watched a video and still have been unable to open it. This is bad. My thumbs are wore out and my thumbnail is has been ripped off to the point where I have no more leverage use from it. LOL

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #12 of 14
Take a time out, but it will work and the good new is, after a couple of times, it loosens up and you can do it with confidence. It is a pain in the arse the first time though.

Jul 13, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #14 of 14
One last thing; there is no way you get the first side open with just one thumb. Use both on that side pushing down and out. Hold the iQube sideways and push down on the first side with both thumbs while simultaneously pushing out. You'll need both and a very firm push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back