New iPod Pro to be launched at September event ?
Sep 1, 2016 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

god-bluff

Headphoneus Supremus
Apparently the new iPod Pro will use pretty much the same form and UI of the discontinued iPod Classic.Looking very similar but with a matte finish, less scratch prone back.

The hard disk drive will make way for a 256gb SSD. The Pro will also offer HiRes support and an improved dac and headphone stage. It retains the 'old' 30 pin connection for analogue and digital line out to existing devices ie amps/ dacs.

Battery life is further  improved due to the extra space in the device due to the change of the disk drive to solid state. Expect around 50 hours.

Price $300- $350.......

............SORRY. Just wishful thinking on my part. Am I the only one that wishes the great Apple corporation cared a little about true music lovers and enthusiasts though ? Id buy one tomorrow 

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 8

Sorry, it won't sell to the masses and Apple won't make anything that won't sell a lot.  We should hope that Apple adds hi-res functionality to the current iTunes and iPhones - at least, that's my wish...or at least FLAC support.

CJ
:)

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 8

And to think once in a time I thought the price of the first iPod was a joke. For music only, hundreds of dollars...insane at the time. But after many versions and updates it turned out to be a near perfect portable player and impact peoples lives. Now the iPod looks affordable. Who knew that DAPs would cost upwards of $4000? 
blink.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 8

This is an insane hobby, isn't it?  LOL...

To think I spent over $4K on a portable system, to go to environments where I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between it and an iPhone with a good pair of IEMs...

Me thinks I need to see a professional...
L3000.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 8
A few years ago we always said Apple weren't interested in taking portable audio seriously on an audiophile level because there's no real mass profit for them. The way the portable audio market is evolving so rapidly it wouldn't surprise me if it happens eventually. We have many companies throwing out $1000+ DAPs, Sony have now baked their Astell & Kern priced pie with a $3000 Walkman. Anything is possible from here on.

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #8 of 8
  A few years ago we always said Apple weren't interested in taking portable audio seriously on an audiophile level because there's no real mass profit for them. The way the portable audio market is evolving so rapidly it wouldn't surprise me if it happens eventually. We have many companies throwing out $1000+ DAPs, Sony have now baked their Astell & Kern priced pie with a $3000 Walkman. Anything is possible from here on.

If Apple buys Tidal, then yes, I think so but otherwise, Apple thinks 320 kbps is Hi-Res-enough.  Look at their Beats purchase...definitely not for their headphones and Beats music system (which they scrapped) but probably for the executive talent.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back