New iPod Family!
Sep 12, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #421 of 451
Indeed, it is all marketing. The funny thing is that no matter which marketing people subscribe to, they subscribe. My favourite is the old Sansa iSheep, a campaign they totally destroyed when they brought out the Fuze that emulated every iPod function, but in a very poor way.

@Penatur: if you hear the iPod as a broken tape player next to a Zune or Sony, you are hearing nothing more than bias; the iPod 5G is no worse than any of those except in bass roll off, which apart from the old Sony's every player you mentioned is susceptible to. 

I'll not argue any further here as it is obvious that you hear what you want to hear and as Paul Simon said, 'disregard the rest'.

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #422 of 451
ipod 5g was good but still i feel ipod touch 3g is a MAJOR upgrade in overall listening pleasure
in fact touch3g is the best sounding ipod & has the clarity that is unmatched irrespective of model & brand. Really the touch is damn clear.

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #424 of 451
Even i used to be amongst the eq users. but after getting used to flat settings i've never preferred using EQ on any of my players.EQ does help in tweaking sound in favour of a particular set of sound tracks but dosent really do justice to all flavours of music.Hence flat is the best way for uninterrupted listening.

Sep 12, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #425 of 451
I dont feel either touch3g or sony a726 struggle in any way driving fairly low 16 or 24ohm earphones. Although classic7g does sound bad with low ohm iems

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #427 of 451
Quote:
i agree that it is clear, but I wish it had a user EQ AND a very low Ω output for finnicky iems.Apart from that, I am completely happy with it against my Sony's and my S:Flo2.

It does have a low noise floor. I've never heard a hiss on my iPod out of any of my phones.

I wish they'd give the touch more volume resolution. It can be very loud at the lowest possible setting. Also, with really sensitive phones, you can hear music playing even if volume is on "silent." I don't mind that though because I don't usually listen to music on silent. 
tongue.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #428 of 451

Quote:
It does have a low noise floor. I've never heard a hiss on my iPod out of any of my phones.

I wish they'd give the touch more volume resolution. It can be very loud at the lowest possible setting. Also, with really sensitive phones, you can hear music playing even if volume is on "silent." I don't mind that though because I don't usually listen to music on silent. 
tongue.gif

i have that with my classic and pl50's even then it's good enough for me:)

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #429 of 451
Quote:
Even i used to be amongst the eq users. but after getting used to flat settings i've never preferred using EQ on any of my players.EQ does help in tweaking sound in favour of a particular set of sound tracks but dosent really do justice to all flavours of music.Hence flat is the best way for uninterrupted listening.

Same here. I do use the EQ sometimes now for my RE0s though, because I'm attuned to a darker signature.

Quote:
i have that with my classic and pl50's even then it's good enough for me:)

Could be worse. It could be raining. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #430 of 451
Wow....I just received my iPod nano. It seems to have more HP jack power than my ipod touch 2G. I'm loading it up with some more music right now then after that I'm going to test the line out. The radio comes in loud and clear. The touch screen is easier to use than I thought (I have kinda fat fingers >.<). Overall I'm impressed so far
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #431 of 451

Quote:
Wow....I just received my iPod nano. It seems to have more HP jack power than my ipod touch 2G. I'm loading it up with some more music right now then after that I'm going to test the line out. The radio comes in loud and clear. The touch screen is easier to use than I thought (I have kinda fat fingers >.<). Overall I'm impressed so far
biggrin.gif

Good to hear, do you have any other DAPs that you can do some quick comparisons with? I'm anxious to see how it sounds. 

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #432 of 451
Just the iPod touch. I really don't have an audio vocabulary so I don't feel comfortable describing the sound because it might be inaccurate. I do know that it has more power than the iPod touch. Where the touch barely gets my DT770/250 ohm to my listening volume the nano gets loud enough to make me feel unconfortable. It also has more bass than the iPod touch.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #433 of 451
Quote:
Just the iPod touch. I really don't have an audio vocabulary so I don't feel comfortable describing the sound because it might be inaccurate. I do know that it has more power than the iPod touch. Where the touch barely gets my DT770/250 ohm to my listening volume the nano gets loud enough to make me feel unconfortable. It also has more bass than the iPod touch.

I wonder if they changed the amp chip? I hope the new touch doesn't get any louder personally. It's already loud on one notch with my DDMs.

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #434 of 451
Any more impressions from new Touch owners? I bought the new 32 gig version. Had the first gen, and still own a Cowon X5L (god Cowon, why can't you bring out a true successor to the X5, the best DAP ever!!!???). Anyway, waiting for a LOD to arrive.

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #435 of 451
so i got an ipod touch 4g, and this definitely sounds better than my ipod nano 5g.  the bass is fuller, the sound is overall warmer and bolder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back