New info: Musical Paradise MP-301 MK2
May 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #466 of 475
Hi! 
    If there's anyone who can help me, i'm considering between purchasing the mp-301 MK 3 standard version ($299 USD + shipping) and the mp-301 deluxe version (339+49.5= $388.5 USD). According to Garry, the standard version is the last one available in the warehouse. I'm a little worried about this fact and that it isn't a discounted version. Also, the fact that the deluxe and standard version is close to $100 apart is kinda iffy as well.

Not sure whether the deluxe version is over-priced now or whether the standard version can possibly be a lemon product (a returned defective good or smething?) . I do not mean to be overly critical or paranoid about this but it's my first purchase of a tube  amp overseas and the fact that the amp is supposed to be a <=$300 product + shipping fees for returns can be expensive makes me kinda hesitant to make the move despite all the good reviews.

Oh and the deluxe version's price keeps increasing! (yesterday it was $330, a moment ago $335 and now $339.....)

Please, any help would be much appreciated!

May 13, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #467 of 475
See the answers you already got here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/553325/review-musical-paradise-mp-301-mk2-vacuum-tube-integrated-amp/15#post_9431658

Go for the newer model.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #471 of 475
I have my 2013 Deluxe and I am loving it. Plenty of power, no noise issues to report with all my full size headphones. I have upgraded the tubes and am running KT88 with some Slyvania 6SJ7GT (thanks Rob). I am impressed with it for the money. It looks well built and sounds pretty good. The dual inputs is nice (have the turntable to one and the dac on the other). Had it now for a few months with no negatives to report.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #472 of 475
  I have my 2013 Deluxe and I am loving it. Plenty of power, no noise issues to report with all my full size headphones. I have upgraded the tubes and am running KT88 with some Slyvania 6SJ7GT (thanks Rob). I am impressed with it for the money. It looks well built and sounds pretty good. The dual inputs is nice (have the turntable to one and the dac on the other). Had it now for a few months with no negatives to report.

How do the LCD-2's sound out of it? I'm going to be running Mad Dogs, so its a somewhat similar SS

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #473 of 475
I enjoy them very much out of it. The stock power tubes are fine but I suggest upgrading the driver tubes to something else (to your preferred sound). I went with the KT88 power tubes for firm bold bottom end that your normally get with KT88.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #474 of 475
Hey there, 
               i got the mp 301-mk3 deluxe edtn around the same time as you, but seem to be a noisy background hiss when pairing with my 32ohm Samson sr850. I've upgraded the stock pre-amp tubes to a pair of NOS RCA 6SJ7 and GE 6SJ7s but there doesn't seem to be any improvements in both the hissing noise and also any discernable sound changes like bass improvements. Also, the amp is anything but warm to my ears and if anything, appears to sharpen the highs and reduce the bass! Am wondering whether it is possible that I've got an older model instead of the deluxe edtn (there's no indication of "deluxe" anywhere on the amp, which makes me worried) or whether something is actually wrong with the amp? Pls advise, thanks!

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #475 of 475
To everyone who owns an MP-301 or to anyone hesitating because of that background buzz issue; you must absolutely order the 20$ 75-ohm adapter that Garry sells in the "cables" section of the Musical Paradise website.
I just plugged mine in the MP301 mk3 original 2012 version with my 38 ohm ATH-M50 and behold... noise/hum is totally gone ! only pure music to my ears ! fantastic...
Please note however that the adapter is female 3.5mm and then male 6.5mm, so your headphones cable must terminate in 3.5mm.

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back