New Inear Prophile-8
Feb 10, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #766 of 786
Can anyone confirm the size of the filters? Thomann sells the H4 size to go with the Prophile-8 (2.5mm) but the Prophile manual says H3 size (3mm). It looks like these filters are the same as widely available HF3 or HF4 hearing aid filters. Would anyone measure one of the filters on the full-size prophile 8? Thank you!

cerumen.jpg

source: https://www.inear-monitoring.eu/en/produkte/pflege/monitoring-zubehoer.htm

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #767 of 786
Great things never become outdated. After all these years my PP8 (released 2016), together with my MH335DWSR (released 2015) and ER4P/SR (released 1994/2016) are still my 3 absolute favourite iems despite the seas of new iems coming out every year (or month) and all the comes and goes in my arsenal. After pairing my PP8 with the Crystal Cable Dream Duet since a couple of years ago I think it's still the pinnacle of the art of iems IMHO. Not sure if anyone is with me on that.......but then I become less and less eager to try out new releases so that says something.

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #769 of 786
So I sold some PP8's on ebay - they got sent back as faulty due to "distortion" during certain tracks.
After listening to them for longer I'm keeping these for my collection now, they sound incredible - you can get them to clip at very loud volumes (had to test due to the return) but at listening levels I cannot hear anything abnormal. They do show up flaws in the music a little easier than my 64 Audio U6t for example, but that I can live with.

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #771 of 786
I just won the raffle from CanJam for a custom pair of PP8, I am stoked.

Congrats, you are getting the custom version of one of the greatest sounding iem ever. Lucky you!

Apr 3, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #772 of 786
Can anyone confirm the size of the filters? Thomann sells the H4 size to go with the Prophile-8 (2.5mm) but the Prophile manual says H3 size (3mm). It looks like these filters are the same as widely available HF3 or HF4 hearing aid filters. Would anyone measure one of the filters on the full-size prophile 8? Thank you!
HF3 Black

Apr 7, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #773 of 786
Just wanted to say the PP8 are incredibly closely channel matched - very impressive - measured using Azla Sednafit tips

ProPhile 8.jpg

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #774 of 786
Just bought a set off eBay in great condition. Now I’ve got to wait for them to arrive

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #776 of 786
Best (i.e. most correct sounding) IEMs I have ever heard!
Awesome :) I have the stellias these days too like you :) What dap do you use now?

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #777 of 786
Best (i.e. most correct sounding) IEMs I have ever heard!

Agreed and in the long run accuracy is way more important than having any sort of specific tuning. An accurate and neutral iem like the PP8 simply works with any source and any sort of music.

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #778 of 786
Awesome :) I have the stellias these days too like you :) What dap do you use now?
I had to sell my Stellia and DAPs (LPGT ti, Calyx M and several cables) because of financial problems (thanks covid).
So I changed to the Questyle M12 DAC (with Qobuz streaming) and listen with the AKG N700NC m2. They follow, as the PP8, the harman curve (with just a hint more bass) and they cost me 100 dollars. With that setup I get about 95% of what I got with my Stellias and Calyx M, so I think I am happy now (but of course would not mind having also the new Stealth with a dedicated Romi Audio amp for on the go) :wink:

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #779 of 786
I had to sell my Stellia and DAPs (LPGT ti, Calyx M and several cables) because of financial problems (thanks covid).
So I changed to the Questyle M12 DAC (with Qobuz streaming) and listen with the AKG N700NC m2. They follow, as the PP8, the harman curve (with just a hint more bass) and they cost me 100 dollars. With that setup I get about 95% of what I got with my Stellias and Calyx M, so I think I am happy now (but of course would not mind having also the new Stealth with a dedicated Romi Audio amp for on the go) :wink:
I’m really sorry you had to sell all that stuff. I own those akg headphones too. They are very good. Are you using them wired?
I need to sell some stuff too to be honest

Apr 25, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #780 of 786
I’m really sorry you had to sell all that stuff. I own those akg headphones too. They are very good. Are you using them wired?
I need to sell some stuff too to be honest
ah, interesting you also own them! I only use them wired with activated NC. That way it’s closest to the harman curve. Without NC it’s way too bassy and also Bluetooth is horrible (although one can change the sound with the EQ, but it’s not possible to get to the wired NC sound).
Anyways, let us know how you find the PP8 when you get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back