New Inear Prophile-8
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #751 of 786
I am quite surprised the PMX doesn't get much press. It has an amazing stage, one of the best I have heard in any iem. Bass is tastefully elevated (I EQ it even higher) and treble is silky smooth. In fact everything sounds good.

The wood shell also creates some delicious resonance. One of the best iems I have ever heard.

IMG-20211130-WA0019.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #753 of 786
I'm not to be honest: I don't even get email responses when enquiring about the PMX at InEar. Maybe they have stopped production and promotion or so? Not sure...

drftr

Interesting. Audio Concierge definitely sell it but that could be old stock.

Whatever the case maybe, it's a wonderful iem.

Edit: Audio46 also carry it and it's definitely listed as the flagship on InEar's website.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #754 of 786
Interesting. Audio Concierge definitely sell it but that could be old stock.

Whatever the case maybe, it's a wonderful iem.
Have you done any write-up about them by any chance? The Vision Ears VE7, VE8, Elysium, plus the 64 Audio U12t and qdc Anole VX have my interest as well but I thought the PMX might be the best compromise.

drftr

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #755 of 786
Have you done any write-up about them by any chance? The Vision Ears VE7, VE8, Elysium, plus the 64 Audio U12t and qdc Anole VX have my interest as well but I thought the PMX might be the best compromise.

drftr

I am about to have an All BA All star showdown: VE8/PMX/Hidition Violet/ThieAudio V14 and U12t. It's insane that I have all of these right now and I want to capture this moment as I will sell most of them soon. Not sure what the best format is yet.

I will also soon have a ThieAudio V16 to round it up.

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #756 of 786
I am about to have an All BA All star showdown: VE8/PMX/Hidition Violet/ThieAudio V14 and U12t. It's insane that I have all of these right now and I want to capture this moment as I will sell most of them soon. Not sure what the best format is yet.

I will also soon have a ThieAudio V16 to round it up.
LOL - incredible... Please announce the review on this thread if posted elsewhere! I'm absolutely looking forward to it.

drftr

Dec 1, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #758 of 786
I am quite surprised the PMX doesn't get much press. It has an amazing stage, one of the best I have heard in any iem. Bass is tastefully elevated (I EQ it even higher) and treble is silky smooth. In fact everything sounds good.

The wood shell also creates some delicious resonance. One of the best iems I have ever heard.

IMG-20211130-WA0019.jpg
The pmx has one of the best looking wood variants in iem and sounds great. Though it is inear’s flagship it should really be a seperate category of product in terms of sound. Would like to spend more time with it in the future but initial impressions are very positive though I still prefer the signature of the prophile 8.

The pp8 still to this day has the best representation of a neutral studio reference type sound for my taste. There’s only one or two iems I’ve heard or own in recent memory that kind of reminds me of the pp8 sound but none sound as technically proficient.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #759 of 786
The pmx has one of the best looking wood variants in iem and sounds great. Though it is inear’s flagship it should really be a seperate category of product in terms of sound. Would like to spend more time with it in the future but initial impressions are very positive though I still prefer the signature of the prophile 8.

The pp8 still to this day has the best representation of a neutral studio reference type sound for my taste. There’s only one or two iems I’ve heard or own in recent memory that kind of reminds me of the pp8 sound but none sound as technically proficient.

Agree totally, the PP8 is a class of its own that has still not been superseded by the PMX or by any other iems rolled out these years.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #760 of 786

I don't think the PMX is aiming for studio reference. It has a clear bass boost. Haven't heard the PP8 but it's been on my radar for a while.

I do EQ the PMX to give it even more sub bass and a slight energy boost in the 2k area.

Dec 1, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #761 of 786
Curious if any PP8 fans have heard the G-Audio Nair, very similar FR to switches off PP8.

Feb 7, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #764 of 786
Does anyone by any chance have any unused filters around? They come in sets of 16 but I never really need to replace filters; still, I'd be interested in buying a couple pairs.

Feb 9, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #765 of 786
Can anyone confirm the size of the filters? Thomann sells the H4 size to go with the Prophile-8 (2.5mm) but the Prophile manual says H3 size (3mm). It looks like these filters are the same as widely available HF3 or HF4 hearing aid filters. Would anyone measure one of the filters on the full-size prophile 8? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back