New Inear Prophile-8
Aug 31, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #421 of 786
Got some and hooked them up to run in about 6 hours back. Just did some quick listening. Like the spinfit tips and switches in their normal position. A little dry with foam but about the right color with the spinfits. I also like the availability of added bass if I need to travel. More warmth than I want in a normal environment when elevated (+ position) but should be awesome when it's a louder space. I suspect these will benefit from a better cable. A hybrid would likely be a good choice. Nothing to complain about. As it stands, It's as good as anything I've heard depending on preference. It's great that things like this and the Andromeda are now available in universal form. Bass character reminds me a bit of my now gone jh13fp but to a lesser degree. The 13s could slow up a little when low bass info was apparent as it was a little overdone. Not as much as +bass here but more than the normal setting. The normal bass setting here is just right for me as are the highs. I suspect some will not get these interfaced well and think them too analytical or not musical enough but it will only be because the PP8 is telling you what it's being fed. Welcome to high end.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #422 of 786
Curious if any Prophile users have heard the Fender FXA9 and can offer brief relative impression?

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #423 of 786
This is a much too quiet thread for such awesome earphones. They are extremely under-appreciated on Head-Fi. I think people either prefer bassy/ warm headphones or excessive treble. But if a headphone actually has tonal accuracy they just think it’s boring and don’t appreciate the effort. A side effect of today’s fast pace in information and overexciting marketing, maybe. InEar does a huge mistake not sending these in to Tyll for measurement.

I lent mine to a friend for two months. Finally got them back today. These are IEMs my brain simply needs no adjusting to. Insert them and done. No warmness, no coloration, perhaps slightly slightly recessed mids, but a very convincing studio feel (or dedicated stereo room setup).

I managed to squeeze the included Comply S beneath the SpinFit M (red) and it's actually very comfortable and much better than the MandarinES ear tips. It's hard to see on the picture below.

_KE10687.jpg

Sep 21, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #424 of 786
This is a much too quiet thread for such awesome earphones. They are extremely under-appreciated on Head-Fi. I think people either prefer bassy/ warm headphones or excessive treble. But if a headphone actually has tonal accuracy they just think it’s boring and don’t appreciate the effort. A side effect of today’s fast pace in information and overexciting marketing, maybe. InEar does a huge mistake not sending these in to Tyll for measurement.

I lent mine to a friend for two months. Finally got them back today. These are IEMs my brain simply needs no adjusting to. Insert them and done. No warmness, no coloration, perhaps slightly slightly recessed mids, but a very convincing studio feel (or dedicated stereo room setup).

I managed to squeeze the included Comply S beneath the SpinFit M (red) and it's actually very comfortable and much better than the MandarinES ear tips. It's hard to see on the picture below.

It is which is a shame and goes to show even on a community site like this there are some products that are just not getting the pludits it should be getting (another one has always been the Vorzuge Pure amps) especially when you see how some other average products have been tagged as best thing since sliced bread this year but then some companies have better PR cogs at work also....

I have missed these IEM since I heard them last year and done a review on them and unfortuantely due to one reason or another this year have not been able to buy a pair but alas will be getting to hear them again at least at the Indulgence show coming up and look forward to getting reqainted with the PP8's again as since last time I didn't have my Sony W1MA I now have so will be really interesting to see how they pair with that and my Dads Onkyo DP-S1 player.

For me there is still not really any universals that also nail the fit of like having a custom fit when wearing them which is still very hit and miss by other IEM compaines on the popular block at the moment.

Indeed a naturally unforced organic listen when with the PP8's hooked up.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #425 of 786

I’m actually very fond of PP8 especially with the bass switch turned on, and was considering to buy them. But then the LCDi4 came along and decided to get those instead. I agree with you, PP8 deserves much more appreciation and is definitely underrated.

Sep 22, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #427 of 786

To me, the tonality is what the stock plastics1 cable sounds like. They are neutral enough that they became mid forward with one cable I had around and warm with another so i'm going to try some others. Being this neutral makes what should be small differences seem more apparent. Not much sig to mask changes. All seem to agree they work well with Spinfit tips with the stock cable but it could turn out that a different tip/cable combo could surface.

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #429 of 786
Good match 380CU + PP8, best sound ever (to my ears).
Prefer PP8 over U10 or 335

380CU + U10 = sound is brighter, stage comes closer. feel like each instrument there piece by piece.
380CU + PP8 = sound is more natural, organic as the whole band. draw me into the music easier.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #430 of 786
How are you supposed to put these in your ear?

I've been using them for 2 months and while they sound extremely good, I have not found any way to put them in my ear such that they stay in place. The instruction manual is not descriptive. I would love if someone could do a step by step explanation for slower people like me :triportsad:

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #434 of 786
1) They're expensive and poorly distributed, which reduces exposure to market.
2) If the majority is not after tonal accuracy, who is actually right ? You or the majority ? :D As always, tuning is a matter of taste.

I like what I read about these, but with no way to demo them, they'll remain a niche item.

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #435 of 786
They're expensive and poorly distributed, which reduces exposure to market.

I always had the impression on Head-Fi that expensive is a feature that people are actually searching for, haha. Going by the local MSRP I actually find them reasonably priced but that might be different outside of Germany. I don't know what InEar is doing. The StageDiver 2 was already very popular in the hifi scene but it seems like the company does not focus on our market (too much). I do believe they attend most international shows, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back