New Inear Prophile-8
Mar 9, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #331 of 786
PP8 to me is more musical, natural and slightly warm in signature. I don't think it is dead neutral, but the sound is lush yet detailed which I am able to listen to it for hours without fatique, also the fitment is better than any universal iems that I have tried.

Lush and warm...wow the opposite of what I hear. 

I wouldn't call them warm & lush, but neither are they dry or cold.

Mar 9, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #332 of 786
Maybe coz I was comparing it with the Encore, 1 word to describe Encore, piercing.

I understand, I am surprise they would so depart from the Noble house sound.

I wouldn't call them warm & lush, but neither are they dry or cold.
indeed is is not cold but neutral in tonality, but without being thin, closer to thin than thick, to me. So really not lush as I understand it.

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #333 of 786
As I heard InEar is working on a CIEM model of the PP8. I just hope that they get a bit more sub-bass energy with the custom fit. Except for that, they are really perfect.

Maybe it would be possible to change the switches into (also) pushing the sub-bass instead of only the mid bass. And the same goes for the treble, so instead of pushing 8-10 kHz with the switches, it would be cool if they would (also) push 10-12 kHz.

Then there´s the "cable thing". I would appreciate it, if they would sell a cheaper model with a standard cable and one with an upgrade cable (like Jomo Samba with Effect Audio Cable etc.).

What do you think?

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #335 of 786
Can someone give a good advice in how to changing the cable? It is really hard to pull

Yeah it really is. You can try to softly dangle it loose. The first time I tried I've got a bruise under my forefinge's nail but after you managed to change it once you get a good feeling how to handle it.

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #336 of 786

Happy new PP8 owner here, been trying to find something that can bridge my T8ie mk2 and IE800, and finally I found it :D

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #339 of 786
I made a cable from local shop using eidolic jacks and pin with copper litz cable. I don't want to alter the original cable for balanced so this is the end result lol.

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #340 of 786
Lush and warm...wow the opposite of what I hear.

They are not lush and warm. They're neutral and transparent, extremely accurate and if you want you can turn them a little V-shaped with the bass and treble switches. They're not cold also, not even close, even with the original studio reference signature, rather, they're musical and analytical at the same time. Tonal balance is neutral by nature, but they sing. It's hard to put in words, sounds contracditory describing their signature, just listening. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back