NEW IN STOCK: beyerdynamic 3rd Gen T1 & T5 Headphones
Sep 11, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 23
The is T1.3 is 32 Ohms and sound quite different than the T1.2. They sound fuller, darker, and more dynamic.
Can you elaborate?

Is the beyer peak in the treble noteably reduced?
Do they have stronger bass presence?

I liked the T1.2, but those would be the 2 things I liked them to change.

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #17 of 23
Can you elaborate?

Is the beyer peak in the treble noteably reduced?
Do they have stronger bass presence?

I liked the T1.2, but those would be the 2 things I liked them to change.

There is still a peak but it’s in line with the bass and not above it like the T1.2, so yes notably reduced. Bass presence is stronger and has more punch and physical presence.

The headphones have a different tuning so some people will prefer the gen 2’s tuning, those who love air and a more delicate sound signature will prefer the gen 2. Those who want a darker more intimate sound signature with more dynamic attack will prefer the gen 3.

Technicality wise such as how revealing it is, detail, imaging, etc., I’d say the gen 3 is superior in my opinion so far but it’s also pickier as was mentioned before.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 23
We need 600 ohms in these and removable cables on all the DT range. You havent heard a beyer until you have heard a 600 ohm 880 balanced.

I have a few Beyers that I'm planning to add balanced inputs to, when I get a few extra hours :D ... I have even bought the necessary parts and everything. They are well priced in general, comfortable (although head-warming), and have predictably great sound. For a widely-available (retail) headphone, they're one of the best.

Sep 13, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #21 of 23
I can't believe they talk about "finest materials" and they keep putting leatherette on a 1000 euro headphone.
I find it hilarious that they advertise the use of Alcantara, but put it on the top of the headband. Then the leatherette they do use on the padded part is the terrible, sticky kind that grabs hair and flakes off after a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back