new In-Ear got about 150$-200$ budget
Dec 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

omerbr

New Head-Fier
i got some money to spend and i lost the Earphones that came with me iphone so im looking for some new Earphones or In-Ear monitors not headphones i dont like to carry them with me on the bus and to school

now i got a 200$ budget now i dont know if i should split it like that:
100% for the earphones
or split it like 70-80% for the earphones and the rest for DAC for me iphone but i dont know what should i do and what to buy

the main style's i hear is:
System of a down
Eminem
ColdPlay
some slash single songs
and i hear some song from david guatta like titanuim and she wolf things like that(Too Close of Alex clare)

those kind of songs

what should i do?

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 9
You gotta get dem Beats brah!! (kidding)

Check out Jokers review of a ton of different IEMs. I would go all out on the earphones and skip the DAC. I listen to $400 IEMs with my iPhone and I think it's fine.

The Monster Turbine Pro Gold is good (around $150 on amazon I think). The vsonic GR07 is good too (I think theyre about $180). I haven't heard them, but they get good reviews.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #4 of 9
I think the Sennheiser CX 985 is about $150-200 range. It's a nice IEM that doesn't offer too much bass, but is reasonably clear.

Don't bother getting a DAC at that price.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #5 of 9
Base on 'Non-overwhelming bass'

ACS T15 / Klipsch Image X10 (Promotions and Discount on this one are AWESOME!) / Fischer Audio DBA-02 / VSonic GR07

And most recommended from me, Rock It Sounds R-50 (currently in love with it) flat bass, not much rumble but accurate. with great neutral mids and sparkling highs(some sibilance for some)... I feel like i'm repeating Joker's review.

Try narrow the choices down and go demo at the store, And you could end up buying Monster Turbine Pro Gold.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 9
the problem i have is i live in isreal their is not much choice in earphones not alot of ppl here love this field of headphones so no store realy wants to get alot of diffrent headphones and earphones and in-ear monitors
so i need to buy on review's not on going to the store to lisn to them

but tnx for the variaty of earphones ill check them out
not what about the budget do you think i should go with DAC and earphones or just earphones? its for iphone

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 9
You can use an external amp with an iPhone, but not an external DAC unless you jailbreak it and use the camera kit to plug in an external DAC. But even then it's ify because some DACs won't work because of power consumption. There is a thread in here about it. Check out Jokers review on a ton of different IEMs. He's very good at describing the sonic differences, SQ, soundstage. Imaging ect. If you check out this this thread I bet you could find what your looking for.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Joker review is on headphones i cant find a IEM multi review like the headphones multi review on the top of this section

and why i cant plug an external DAC like a FiiO 1 to my iphone? his jailbreak

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 9
Joker review is on headphones i cant find a IEM multi review like the headphones multi review on the top of this section

and why i cant plug an external DAC like a FiiO 1 to my iphone? his jailbreak

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-266-iems-compared-rock-it-sounds-r-50-added-11-29-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back