nelugo

New Head-Fier
Hi, Im from Portugal and iv'e been loocking for some new IEM's
Over here I can get:

Denon AH-C551 for €100 ( 85 £)
Sennheiser CX 95 for €100 ( 85 £)
Denon AHC351K for €50 ( 43 £)
Also other lower models from Sennheiser and Koss

I recently bought Sony NWZ-S638F 8GB mp4 player for €120.
I listen to it, some times, all day long at the office.
It came with stock earphones, that have a cavity similar to IEM but a mutch wider base. When i put them louder i get no hi tones. I gives me many bass, thats for shure.
I guess that their a bit crappy and hurt my ears.

I've been reading this forum and other reviews.
Im searching for a phone that causes limited or no ear fatigue, that doesnt hurt my ears.
Deno's have that Acoustic Optimizer technology, that is suposed to bring balance, in therms of pressure to the ear.

What can you recomend me?

Tks

Nov 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Umm... Bundled ex82 earphone are a lot better than most bundled earphone. Imho, let it burn in for few hours, probably 50hours. It's a dynamic driver and treble might be harsh initially. The bass will also smoothed and balanced out once burned in.

So my advice is let it run for 50+hours (around 2 charges cycle on S630F). Those listed above are all dynamic driver and requires burn in to show full potential. If u want instant solution, get armature based iem since dont require burn in, if any.

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 9
img

These are the ones. I gess the drive is to wide. Like traditional earphones with the small entrances for the ear canal. Remeinds me of the sony groove phones

sony-mdred21lp.JPG

The idea its the same. But i find it fatiguing. Ther's a lot of air pressure, its not the defenitive solution. I gave them a week to burn...no treble...excess bass...

Nov 15, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 9
The size of driver doesnt determine whether it will cause fatigue or not. Most dynamic driver has big housing due to size of dynamic driver. Actually i think bigger driver is better, allowing better air movement and precise response. Sony EX700 has even bigger driver.

Try let it burn in.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelugo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sony-mdred21lp.JPG

The idea its the same. But i find it fatiguing. Ther's a lot of air pressure, its not the defenitive solution. I gave them a week to burn...no treble...excess bass...

I have the same design as this but the older version (silver). I found them to have good bass and treble but had poor mids.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 9
The fact is I also have a creative muvo
muvo_v200.jpg
I use it with AKG k14p
20060420150419255.jpg

And I have a clear, non fatiguing sound.

I used these fones with my new sony player and it made mi ears get pain.

When i changed to the original sony phones I set it with less volume, once their a kind of IEM. But it continue to get pain, even after 2 days without listening!
triportsad.gif

Im realy into buying the Denon AHC351K for €50 ( 43 £) with Acoustic Optimizer technology. These arent much expensive and i hope they have a more warm, natural and not so raw into the ears. Idealy, sound sould have room, space to spread out, thats why I didnt like IEMs in the begining.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Thank you toughnut for your reply's
I used to have a sony MD, thats why I always knew that this sony s639F had quality.

I have the EQ set at flat, and if I take down the treble...
frown.gif

I bought it last week. Im in the midle of the trial period of 15 days. I gess ill return it and try another brand. If, after that process i dont like what i find, ill get back to the sony mp4 (maybe it will be cheaper by then..
icon10.gif
)

The other alternative would be geting the new IEM's and experiment with several MP4 devices, till i find what i like the most...

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 9
Hello

Today I bought the Denon AHC351K for €53
Im very pleased with it. Extremely well balanced sound, treble, mid and bass wide.
No excess bass or treble. Very well defined, spacially
And the ritchness added to the sound..i didnt knew what I was missing...

The best part is that I got all that and my earing finally got the rest It diserved
beyersmile.png

Comparing to Sennheiser CX 400 it add more 'room' to the sound. Theyre not completely closed, Acoutisc Optimiser is suspect nº1

I find the new SONY S638F are focused on IEM phones. Regular earbud's (and the original phones, that are a kind of earbud's with small entrances) sound very agressive tom my ears.. And I usualy set the volume on 6...7 (out of 30) tops
triportsad.gif

I havent tried the Denon AH-C551, but I can only guess theire the clossest thing to sound perfection U can get with €100

With the best sounding 8gb mp4 and great sound/value phones, I can finaly say, that I am happy!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back