New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Nov 14, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #422 of 805
While the manual doesn't give any specific time frames for burn in they do suggest NOT doing a continuous 24 hour burn. It states that for every 6-8 hours you should let the tubes cool for a good 30 minutes. Also the volume should be slightly higher than listening volume.

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #423 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by crzystng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard in the ballpark of 100 hours for the LD I+

With my K701's my LD 1+ seemed to really come alive around 15-20 hrs in. Even just 6-8 hrs sounded better than when first firing her up. Changes after 15-20 hrs seemed minimal, if any. I had maybe 50 - 75 hrs when I changed op-amps, so the sound-sig shifted completely and there's no way to ascertain any further burn-in changes now (at maybe 100 hrs).

This was with the stock base model 6JI tube + MC33078 op-amp.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #424 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by blynch1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone try this with D2000? If so does it have a good synergy with them?

Also, can can anyone give me a comparison of the I+ with the starving student and/or the millet max.

interested to know too~

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #425 of 805
My LD I+ just arrived here.

Running it with an emu1212m and k701's.

I don't wanna say too much cause it's only been running for 10 minutes. But definanetly, for the price you really can't go wrong. Definanetly a top contender for sub 200 amp even on the k701.

Very detailed, with a good amount of spaciousness to it too. I really like it's just general feel with the k701.

I might say that, with the k701 it could have a little more extension both top and low end. The mid seems a little more pronounced than I'm used to. But that could be fixed with tube rolling or burn in.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #427 of 805
Hey fellow LDI+ owners
smily_headphones1.gif

I recevied my LDI+ sometime last week and recently it has been acting up and very faint crackles can be heard when i'm listening to my music.

This is probably due to some oxidation occuring at the pins of the tubes right? But what should i use to clean them? I've shopped around and can't find any "de-oxidising cleaners". Has anyone heard of WD-40? It's used to ease squeaking of door hinges and stuff. So would they be effective? Or are they totaly inappropriate?

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #428 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey fellow LDI+ owners
smily_headphones1.gif

I recevied my LDI+ sometime last week and recently it has been acting up and very faint crackles can be heard when i'm listening to my music.

This is probably due to some oxidation occuring at the pins of the tubes right? But what should i use to clean them? I've shopped around and can't find any "de-oxidising cleaners". Has anyone heard of WD-40? It's used to ease squeaking of door hinges and stuff. So would they be effective? Or are they totaly inappropriate?

WD40 is a lubricant,not a deoxidizing agent. It will leave a residue on the pins and will not help its conductive qualities.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #430 of 805
No WD40!

It has a lube in it as explained.

Use iso alky, as mentioned, on a cotton tip from around the house for a quick fix, or commercial products known as "contact cleaners" from electronics supply houses.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #431 of 805
I had luck deoxidizing my vintage turtable cartridge contacts using a q-tip and some isopropyl. You might try De-Oxit, which is a deoxidizing agent that can be found fairly easily. I've seen it at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Fry's, etc...

DeoxIT®

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #432 of 805
Whoa, thanks guys for the much needed help.

My mum was like "WD40! Try it!" and i was like err..i think i should ask some people first(head-fiers)

so rubbing alcohol it is!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #433 of 805
Man, I have the worst damn luck...

So I got a replacement amp while I was home on break, and just got it up and running tonight. First thing I notice is that there's a constant-level hum in the right channel, but it's not too loud. I figure it might be a ground loop or something that I can diagnose myself. Music sounds great, and there's no channel imbalance.

So I leave it on for an hour or two (it's 3am now, I had it on since 12:30 when I first turned it on) while I'm visiting a friend's room. I come back to find that not only is it humming on both channels, but the LED is off and it's dead again. I can't even believe it. Do I have killer power or something? What in the world is happening with this amp?

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #435 of 805
Just got my LD I+ in the mail today! Sounds awesome so far and I can't wait to hear it after its been fully burned in.

Disclaimer: The amp is part of my first "high quality" audio system, (in my signature), so I'm new to all of this stuff...sorry if I can't contribute much for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back