New high end IEM from Shure! SE535!
Jan 8, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #46 of 111
If they don't sound better than the Ortofon E-Q7s (and the E500s don't), I doubt they're worth the hype except to those who can't and won't go digging to find a way to get their hands on some e-q7s. Plus, The e-q7s cost less than these new Shures will, I believe. Don't get me wrong, the e500 is a very good earphone, but I just think Shure should have tweaked the SQ if coming out with a new product. Who knows, maybe they did....

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #47 of 111
Hmm very interesting and I like the upgrades that they did. However I'm planning on getting a pair of SE530s; I don't feel like waiting to get some Shures
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #49 of 111
SE425.jpg

SE535.jpg

Sorry, the pictures are a bit slow to load.

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #51 of 111
I have one major concern about the new SE425 and SE535, though: do we need to use a portable headphone amp to "wake up" the sound of these IEMs? Just that right there means at minimum US$100 out the door.
negative.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #53 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So supposedly the only change on these is the cables and slight mod to the housing?

Yes, that seems to be the case.

Mar 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #54 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they don't sound better than the Ortofon E-Q7s (and the E500s don't), I doubt they're worth the hype except to those who can't and won't go digging to find a way to get their hands on some e-q7s. Plus, The e-q7s cost less than these new Shures will, I believe. Don't get me wrong, the e500 is a very good earphone, but I just think Shure should have tweaked the SQ if coming out with a new product. Who knows, maybe they did....

I agree completely. If they don't sound like the ie8s what's the point?
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #55 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, that seems to be the case.

That's what I thought. So since I never had cable problems I don't see myself buying it.

But let me be the first to say it!! Since people will be dropping $400 on these things upon release, we are going to hear a lot from former SE530 owners saying:

"The bass extends deeper! The highs extend a bit farther, not quite the veil! The midrange is more natural and smooth sounding! And the soundstage is a bit larger than SE530!"

I can hear it already. ROTFLMAO!

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #56 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"The bass extends deeper! The highs extend a bit farther, not quite the veil! The midrange is more natural and smooth sounding! And the soundstage is a bit larger than SE530!"

well duh.. it's cuz the cable is replaceable now
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #57 of 111
ahh yes placebo, it's a powerful drug.

I had the se530's and with all that I have read here I think that the cable is the only real short fall... if they make these without any cable issue what so ever with the excellent warranty offered through earsolutions they are a commendable IEM solution for a broad audience. If you factor the comfort, isolation and tip package they would compete very well. They worked great for me without an additional amp out of the iPhone (attenuator attached of course). I mean amping an iPhone doesn't make sense to me so these were a worth while investment... that is until they broke.

That said since I can't wait I am trying the westones u3mx next as they seem to be perfect in every way...

Mar 17, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #58 of 111
are these going to replace the 535s, meaning they will discontinue the 530s?

if I purchase a pair of 530s now and the cable breaks, I throw it in for an RMA and get a replacement, will I be given 535 in return?

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #59 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are these going to replace the 535s, meaning they will discontinue the 530s?

if I purchase a pair of 530s now and the cable breaks, I throw it in for an RMA and get a replacement, will I be given 535 in return?

i doubt it, at least not with se530 cost less than 300 right now.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #60 of 111
300? where from?

I just figured if they discontinue the 530 and I need a replacement, they wouldnt really have anything to replace it with apart from 535 if they dont make the 530 anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back