New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000
Aug 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #76 of 138
  A review from Japanese site , not quite understand with Google translate 
confused.gif

Google translate doesn't work with audio reviews...  A lot of description is pure personification, metaphorics, and similes...  Mix in a hyperbole or two and you have what an audio description is like.  When translating that, it's a pain in the ass...  Especially if the words have any sort of context associated with them (which these tend to).  

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #77 of 138
basically he says it has powerful, heavy bass, clear high, thick mid. and soundstage has 3d quality and really opens up after some burn-in.

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #78 of 138
basically he says it has powerful, heavy bass, clear high, thick mid. and soundstage has 3d quality and really opens up after some burn-in.

Well, yeah... That's all I could really gleam off of the Google Tramslate output. Lol. Signature reminds me of the Phonak PFE232... If that's true, these may actually sound great. I generally aren't a fan of the V-shaped signature, but sometimes it works out.

Just FYI, I had these made. Hopefully they're good and my ears large enough to house two dynamic drivers. I'm planning on reviewing these monitors. I'm really interested in seeing how they'll compare to these Phonak now...

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #81 of 138
I received my set of RE1000's today and although I have not yet had an opportunity to give them a fair listen, I can say that the fit is excellent and the build quality seems to be very well done, as is the packaging and accessories.

I do need to spend some time listening prior to submitting a review, but I can say that from a very quick audition fresh out of the box, they sound very promising. It did take about a month after UM received my impressions until they landed on my doorstep.

More to come.....

EDIT: I have a couple of hours pairing with my DX80. From what I have heard so far, this is going to be a top performer. It does not have a flat frequency response but to quote a time-worn cliche, a very musical presentation with excellent imaging and a great midrange. So far, I haven't used any of my other portable DAC's nor have I used my desktop components.

While the build quality of the earphones themselves is superb, I can't say the same for the cable. It is similar to that of the RE400 and 600 in that it is rather stiff and easily kinked.

I will eventually make some comparisons with my MG5Pro and MG6Pro customs as well evaluate the performance with my Grace M9XX, P5, and Mojo. I can say that to the best of my memory, the RE1000 sound can be compared favorably to that of the HE-6.

One caveat is that the impedance of the RE1000 is only 12 ohms which might impact its performance when using sources with output impedances much over 1 ohm.

Stay tuned!

Nov 30, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #83 of 138
subscribed

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #85 of 138
I just received my review pair. I had my sizing done, and picked my color choices at RMAF.

The bass is deep, subsonic, and very visceral. The first thing that I noticed, was that the bass has an incredible amount of impact (dynamic vs. balanced armature), and while the bass is ultra deep and aggressive, and moves a lot of air and punch into the ear canal, it is more clear and textured than my K10's. Also, the upper treble is cleaner and more detailed than my K10's and Shure 846s.

I asked Fang what the holes are for, and he responded that, as with dynamic speakers, the RE1000's are ported to improve the sound and let the IEMs "breath". Unlike balanced armatures, the dynamic drivers inside these tiny custom shells, need some sound to port to relieve any unwanted resonant interference.

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #86 of 138
I just received my review pair. I had my sizing done, and picked my color choices at RMAF.

The bass is deep, subsonic, and very visceral. The first thing that I noticed, was that the bass has an incredible amount of impact (dynamic vs. balanced armature), and while the bass is ultra deep and aggressive, and moves a lot of air and punch into the ear canal, it is more clear and textured than my K10's. Also, the upper treble is cleaner and more detailed than my K10's and Shure 846s.

I asked Fang what the holes are for, and he responded that, as with dynamic speakers, the RE1000's are ported to improve the sound and let the IEMs "breath". Unlike balanced armatures, the dynamic drivers inside these tiny custom shells, need some sound to port to relieve any unwanted resonant interference.

Nice! I'm looking forward to more impressions. Hows the comfort level? Are they bigger in size then CIEMs with balanced armatures?

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #87 of 138
Mine were done properly so the fit is very comfortable.

They are smaller than my K10s and SE846s. The drivers are tiny but potent. They sit flush with my ear. The other 2 stick out considerably.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #88 of 138

This is intriguing. More detailed than K10? Nice!!

How would you describe the overall sound signature? And do the holes affect isolation in anyway compared to your K10 or Shure 846?

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #89 of 138
After considerable listening using most of my DAP's, DAC's and Amps with a variety of music genre's, my initial enthusiasm has waned somewhat. While the bass does hit hard and goes quite low, it seems that it is something I am always aware of. Perhaps it is just too much bass for my tastes but does seem to be the most noticeable characteristic of the RE1000 and does limit my enjoyment for lengthy listening. I prefer a SQ that is more evenly balanced tonally.

While they are very attractive cosmetically, upon closer examination, there are a couple of build issues that give me some cause for concern. One is the plastic flashing that is inside the bore of both of my earpieces which makes cleaning rather difficult. I am also concerned about the integrity of the recessed socket. I found it necessary to do a quite a bit of wiggling and searching in order to securely insert the connectors of my substitute cable.

The stock cable has caused me much aggravation due to the kinking and tangling.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #90 of 138
Any pictures to share? Do keep the impressions coming now that people are finally starting to get theirs.
Thanx all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back