New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 19, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,506 of 2,616
I downloaded it but am waiting for someone else to try it first. Also, I don't know what MSEB is.
Downloaded and installed.

The Google Play popup is no longer happening however I'm not able to update any apps via the Play store as I get the 507 error that I was getting when the issue started, still the same after factory reset as well. I am waiting for the Playstore to update but it's been about 30 minutes and a few reboots and nothing yet and the device is still "uncertified".

Hiby 3.0 player is much better functionally than the older version we had. Haven't had time to see/check on audio changes and/or MSEB/Equalizer changes but so far from just working with the device it seems a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more responsive. The keyboard is a little better on the right side as well, not by much but enough not to piss me off as much. lol

All in all don't factory reset your device unless you are able to update your apps via the Playstore. As a straight player it's working again, as an Android device it's missing some core functionality, so if you use Spotify or Tidal make sure to see if you can update them or download any app before you do any factory resetting.

Hopefully other people don't encounter the same issues I did and work fine!

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #2,507 of 2,616
Downloaded and installed.

The Google Play popup is no longer happening however I'm not able to update any apps via the Play store as I get the 507 error that I was getting when the issue started, still the same after factory reset as well. I am waiting for the Playstore to update but it's been about 30 minutes and a few reboots and nothing yet and the device is still "uncertified".

Hiby 3.0 player is much better functionally than the older version we had. Haven't had time to see/check on audio changes and/or MSEB/Equalizer changes but so far from just working with the device it seems a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more responsive. The keyboard is a little better on the right side as well, not by much but enough not to piss me off as much. lol

All in all don't factory reset your device unless you are able to update your apps via the Playstore. As a straight player it's working again, as an Android device it's missing some core functionality, so if you use Spotify or Tidal make sure to see if you can update them or download any app before you do any factory resetting.

Hopefully other people don't encounter the same issues I did and work fine!

I use mine as a straight music player and it has never stopped working for that. Maybe I should just wait a while as I am not sure what improvements I would see. I did play with the android side of it for a couple of weeks when I first got it nearly a year ago, so I definitely would need to update all my apps if I do upgrade the firmware. I think I downloaded about a dozen music apps but in the end was happy with pure music move.

I don't use hiby either. I might be interested in streaming music at home from the home server. I wonder if that is working for people.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,508 of 2,616
I use mine as a straight music player and it has never stopped working for that. Maybe I should just wait a while as I am not sure what improvements I would see. I did play with the android side of it for a couple of weeks when I first got it nearly a year ago, so I definitely would need to update all my apps if I do upgrade the firmware. I think I downloaded about a dozen music apps but in the end was happy with pure music move.

I don't use hiby either. I might be interested in streaming music at home from the home server. I wonder if that is working for people.

Same here. Still got the stock FW which has never been updated. :smile_phones:

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #2,509 of 2,616

What player do you use? I do not like HiBy but I do not know what would be better substitute on AP200.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #2,510 of 2,616

If you are using the pure music app only and not using the Android side then you might want to upgrade. The Hiby 3.0 player is well worth it. I'm basically at the point where I use my AP200 in Pure Music mode (PMM) only anyway and the new firmware made it so I can adjust the EQ while in PMM. Lately I'm finding it's better for me to amp an old Android phone then try to use the AP200 in Android mode...:/

Honestly I think that while it might be overkill hardware wise, the AP200 should switch to only using the Hiby app, Tidal, Spotify, or whatever other music apps people are using. In a few months (I think by mid 2019 or early 2020) Google is going to drop support for Android 5.1.1 anyway. They already did it with Android 4.4 and that doesn't bode well for us as far as Android support goes and I'm not going to even go into the device security side of Android. This is especially due to the fact the Google Play Store having issues will have some people looking to sideload apps. Sideloading is bad mojo for Android because unless you know what you are installing you could be loading malicious software onto the AP200/Android device.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #2,511 of 2,616
What player do you use? I do not like HiBy but I do not know what would be better substitute on AP200.
There are a ton of Android apps you can try like PowerAmp, Neutron, Deezer, Tidal, Spotify, etc. I hated the old Hiby app but the 3.0 version is much much better and more usable.

Personally I've been using PowerAmp since Version 1.0 and while I like the new version there is too much "pretty" and something are quirky as the developer just released the 3.0 version.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #2,512 of 2,616

I just use the pure music mode of the AP200. It is simple and it works. Is that what you meant by Hiby ? I was thinking Hiby was something else... that you use to link with your phone. That will never be anything that I would need.

I only wish that when one album ends it would go on to
play the next. Has this new update enabled the Folder Play option? It has always been grayed out.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,514 of 2,616
I just use the pure music mode of the AP200. It is simple and it works. Is that what you meant by Hiby ? I was thinking Hiby was something else... that you use to link with your phone. That will never be anything that I would need.

I only wish that when one album ends it would go on to
play the next. Has this new update enabled the Folder Play option? It has always been grayed out.
Hiby is the music player app that the AP200 uses, there was a newer version then what came out on the AP200 originally and it was more flushed out. So that is what I'm talking about with the Hiby 3.0 app.
As far as the folder play there is an option, which I haven't tested, and it does what you want it to but not in shuffle mode, it states it only works in Sequential or repeat all modes.

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #2,515 of 2,616
Hiby is the music player app that the AP200 uses, there was a newer version then what came out on the AP200 originally and it was more flushed out. So that is what I'm talking about with the Hiby 3.0 app.
As far as the folder play there is an option, which I haven't tested, and it does what you want it to but not in shuffle mode, it states it only works in Sequential or repeat all modes.

So with the new firmware you are actually able to turn folder play on? ...and yes it would only be meant to work when you are in folder view playing full albums. One ends and the other begins. Shuffle play would have nothing to do with it. I actually have never used shuffle play on any dap. I am strictly an album listener. When one song ends, my mind already begins to hear the opening of the next song. If a different song were to start ... that would just be wrong... lol.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #2,516 of 2,616
So with the new firmware you are actually able to turn folder play on? ...and yes it would only be meant to work when you are in folder view playing full albums. One ends and the other begins. Shuffle play would have nothing to do with it. I actually have never used shuffle play on any dap. I am strictly and album listener. When one song ends, my mind already begins to hear the opening of the next song. If a different song were to start ... that would just be wrong... lol.

Pretty much, I haven't tried the function as I'm a shuffler but if it does what it says it does then you should be good. Also since you are a PMM user the upgrade will affect you the most in terms of player options.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #2,517 of 2,616
Good news:
New software installed without any problem. Gone is the Hidizs music app, now it has Hiby instead.
The Playstore works again, but I couldn't download any apps due to an Error 507. Tried many times, didn't work for me.
MSEB is really a welcome edition, started playing with it and I must say it is interesting.

Bad news:
There is still no line out, or at least I couldn't find any switch in the software. Connected the Mojo with three different cables and still have static noise and interruptions. Basically, line out and digital out are not solved.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,518 of 2,616
1. There is a problem after FW update of Google Play saying error code - 507 when trying to install any app.
2. Could someone remind me whether AP200 was recognized by Win10 as USB DAC with its own native drivers? Or we should have used TUSB ASIO driver provided by Hidizs?

Dec 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #2,519 of 2,616
We have been worked hard in optimizing AP200 for this firmware 1.0.

1. Google play market stop working now.
2. Hiby Link still does not working with my Honor 10 (Hiby 3.2) - "unknown pairing device".
3. Remote control module of my 1More 1010 earphones still does not work properly. All 3 buttons working the same as play/stop button.
4. DSD music coming from NAS via Wi-Fi can not be transferred to bluetooth earphones without clicks and cracks sound during playback.
5. Line Out still in my dreams.

Why Hidizs? Why??

Dec 19, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #2,520 of 2,616
1. There is a problem after FW update of Google Play saying error code - 507 when trying to install any app.
2. Could someone remind me whether AP200 was recognized by Win10 as USB DAC with its own native drivers? Or we should have used TUSB ASIO driver provided by Hidizs?
For your Driver question, I've never ben able to get the DAC function to work without Hidizs' Driver, which BTW is a pain to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back