New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Nov 23, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #2,462 of 2,616
Yup, mine is sitting dusty on my desk like a paper-weight.

I still use mine in pure music mode. I like it. Never wanted, nor cared about, Android. However, I am not the one who ordered it expecting anything. My husband had supported it on kickstarter but when it arrived he already had too many daps so he gave it to me. My new iBasso DX120 is better, more complete. It has two card slots. Also, in addition to a normal 3.5mm headphone out, it also has 2.5mm balanced out and a true separate line out...all in a smaller,nicely shaped form factor. Excellent UI as well. Plus iBasso are known for their frequent firmware updates. This is a pure music player only.... no wifi or bluetooth. $299.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #2,463 of 2,616
Hidizs has Black Friday 40% off on everything, except AP80. The AP200 goes for $179,40. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, since the firmware is over half a year old and known issues were never solved.

I was just thinking about the feeling when you backed up the AP200 project on Kickstarter, paying as an early bird much more than they are selling it now. Kind of being cheated.
I am still following up with the engineers, I've forwarded to them the issues listed by the users. They are still working on it. I will keep you updated asap! :)

Nov 24, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #2,465 of 2,616
Thank you very much! I still love the DAP, it has great sound!
Thanks for the feedback and for your support! It means a lot! We are super glad to know! :)

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #2,468 of 2,616
It seems to be well documented in this thread that Tidal offline support is limited to internal storage and it won’t store on Micro-SD card.

Does this same limitation also apply to Spotify?

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #2,469 of 2,616
anyone tried contacting Hidizs support? they are not reply to anything, ive got another AP200 that is faulty warranty support not helping....

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2,470 of 2,616
anyone tried contacting Hidizs support? they are not reply to anything, ive got another AP200 that is faulty warranty support not helping....

Judging from other threads, they are shipping all the orders of AP80 from their other campaign, so they should start answering messages sometime soon after they finish with that

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2,471 of 2,616

My advice is to contact them everyday until they get back to you - but don't hold your breath in the meantime! :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,473 of 2,616
Haven't used the AP200 since long. Tried today to turn it on, doesn't boot up further than Hidizs logo and stays there forever. Tried at least 10 times, always the same. Any ideas?

Maybe charge it for a few hours. I can't remember if there is a reset procedure.

Dec 5, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #2,474 of 2,616
Maybe charge it for a few hours. I can't remember if there is a reset procedure.
It was fully charged before I tried.
Anyway managed to boot it after more than half an hour of trying, before I finally connected it to the laptop. It was very slow an unresponsive, so I did 10 times factory reset. Android mode doesn't work anymore, a message "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" was popping up all the time, so I couldn't reinstall Tidal.
Again factory reset, this time without trying to log in into the Google Play store, settled in the Pure Music Mode.
Anybody still using AP200 for streaming Tidal or Spotify with a success?

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,475 of 2,616
FWIW, this is a destructive operation and will wipe all your data.

power off the device
hold the power and volume up simultaneously until you get to the recovery screen.
use the volume up and down to select "wipe data / factory reset"
use the power button to select the option.

This should reset AP200. But this will reset the language back to Chinese. Before doing make sure you know the operation to choose your preferred language once it reboots. If you still have a firmware download there is a file called "System Language Settings.pdf" that has pictures to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back