New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Aug 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #737 of 2,616
Hi guys. i have 70 hours to decide.. What stretch goals was achieved already? Can someone share? I can't check some updates since it's for backers only. Thank you!

I think the only stretch goal was including a plastic case. They did bump up the base storage of the device from 8gb to 32gb, but I don't think that was a stretch goal.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #738 of 2,616
Добрый день. Я использую Cayin Н3+плеер ссылка Hiby и мне не хватает функции пауза в vzodyashchy вызов.
Если есть возможность добавить эту функцию для Hidizs вставки сенсора ap200 с использованием. Я извиняюсь, что английский не родной язык.

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #739 of 2,616
Does anyone know of a online store that sell legitimate but cheap MicroSD cards that also deliver to Australia?

Trying to hunt down the lowest price 256GB MicroSD. I was hoping @Hidizs Hk may have provided a compatibility or preferred brands/ cards list, but will assume any brand should be fine?

Cheers.
The least expensive 256GB MicroSD card I'd consider is the Samsung EVO Select. It's currently $150 USD from Amazon. Not exactly "cheap", but I wouldn't trust those advertised "Cheap" cards.

Or just get a 128GB card at a reasonable price and give the 256GB cards time to fall in price. That's what I ended up doing recently.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #740 of 2,616
[QUOTE = "loner373, post: 13657703, member: 481502"] Good afternoon. I use Cayin H3 + player link Hiby and I do not have enough pause function in vzodyashchy call.
If there is a possibility to add this function to the Hidizs insertion of ap200 sensor using. I'm sorry that English is not my native language. [/ QUOTE]
Google Translate ! Good afternoon. I use Cayin H3 + player link Hiby and I do not have enough pause function in vzodyashchy call.
If there is a possibility to add this function to the Hidizs insertion of ap200 sensor using. I'm sorry that English is not my native language.

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #741 of 2,616
No worries... however, if it’s something that can be tweaked via software update, please let @Hidizs Hk know.

I sent a message to Hidizs as well about this little thing - nothing serious just a little glitch.

I've been going back and forth between the 32gb aluminum & 64gb stainless steel. Do you feel it's worth the ~$70 price jump? I'm mainly concerned with durability as opposed to the premium materials/back plates. Speaking of, is the volume button plastic or metal? Also, in regards to the volume buttons also functioning as track forward/back buttons; how have they held up? I don't really expect you to just sit down and double click the buttons all day... :wink: Thanks for all the feedback you guys have provided, I'm glad @Hidizs Hk is being so responsive to the community.

Buttons semm to hold fairly well so far. Haven't tested enough though...

Добрый день. Я использую Cayin Н3+плеер ссылка Hiby и мне не хватает функции пауза в vzodyashchy вызов.
Если есть возможность добавить эту функцию для Hidizs вставки сенсора ap200 с использованием. Я извиняюсь, что английский не родной язык.

I hope that someone who knows Russian will chime in, google translate makes it pretty hard to understand the question...

Aug 13, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #742 of 2,616
I hope that someone who knows Russian will chime in, google translate makes it pretty hard to understand the question...

I google translated it in the post just above yours ! :smile_phones: Sounds like Our Russia Friend , @loner373, wants a Pause Function or Button?

Though surprised that Hiby does not allow you to pause and resume?

Maybe he will reply with simpler Russian that explains in more detail exactly what he is looking for ?
(And google will be able to translate.)

Thanks for relaying these requests direct to the Hidizs Folks !!!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #744 of 2,616
When managing a smartphone via HibyLink there is no audiofocus. There is a need to "pause" when calling on a smartphone.

I still am not sure what you would like?

Hibylink can control the Ap200 from your phone. (We hope!!!)

1) Are you saying that with the Cayin, you need to Pause the Playback to make/answer a call ? BUT you want to continue playback rather than have it pause when you answer a call?

2) Or do you want the music to be paused when you make/answer a call from the phone using hibylink ?

3) Or Something else?

Aug 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #745 of 2,616
I think he is saying that he needs to manually pause the music playback, perhaps on the DAP itself, before making a call from his phone, and he would like that to be done automatically. I'm just guessing since I've never used Hiby, but I am familiar with what audiofocus is about.

Aug 13, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #746 of 2,616
When managing a smartphone via HibyLink there is no audiofocus. There is a need to "pause" when calling on a smartphone.

I think I understand, he wants the music to autmatically stop from playing when he is receiving a call on his phone.

Now, I'd have a few questions about the usage scenario for this feature, but let's just go with it for now. I'm sure that this depends on Hiby and their smartphone app implementation rather than the DAP implementation, since the app on the smartphone could easily be set to do this.

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #748 of 2,616
Hi, guys. I am new to this forum but now new to Hidizs :) Own AP100 for a couple of years and now have AP200. Here is my separate thread... I wish it were moved here, as a post.... Just first impressions and opinion... Sound tests are still in progress. (BTW - Ukrainian, Russian and English) - if some people from CIS need help.

Concerning the sound quality (just a brief opinion:)

First, I am using Yamaha RH-5Ma (mids and highs oriented, 32Ohms), Audio-Technica ATH-M20x (more bass oriented, 48Ohms) monitor headphones and Edifier R1100 active system (not bad at all if to use the triangle rule) to test... Ano some more stationary equipment... Most of the comparison concerns AP100 (075 off. released FW) predecessor because I've got used to its sound and would demand the same or better quality with the new AP200.

1. I like AP200 sound more. It reproduction of human voice is more natural. A bit more wide and standing out.
2. Highs are on par with AP100
3. Low frequencies are totally enough and feel very well controlled.
4. Mids seem to have more depth and width - especially evident with mid-drums where sound is a bit more reach and have more overtone.
5. In overall, AP200 sound seems to be more balanced in all freq, range. To get the idea: if we would assume that AP200 has a straight line freq response graph - AP100 would be closer to classic Rock EQ (while real EQ is turned off in both).
6. AP100 has a higher max volume compared to AP200 (even if gain set to high). Nothing to worry about with my headphones but I am not sure if AP200 would handle something above 150Ohms.

And a question: couldn't find the infromation about EQ. AP100 had a separate HW EQ chip, not sure about AP200....

dsc7759.jpg

dsc6911.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #749 of 2,616
@Hidizs Hk Off the topic of software... Can you please upload some high quality photos of all the player bodies and color options to help us choose our rewards? If its too hard, send them all to @Hawaiibadboy, he knows how to take a great photo, hehe :)
Thanks for your advice. We will update it soon.

Aug 14, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #750 of 2,616
Hi everybody! So I've had this Hidizs AP200 for a few days and been listening exclusively. Here are my first impressions and then some #unboxing style pictures.
  • Sound is neutral and detailed
  • Good soundstage
  • Driving power is not high, these are for IEMs only. The HiFiMAN RE2000 sounds good out of these, but it requires most of the volume meter on high gain to get there.
  • No hiss with Noble Kaiser Encore
  • Has an outdated version of HiBy out of the box. I'll be updating this to the new HiBy link capable version--we'll see if that feature comes in the future.
  • There are known bugs at this time, but HiBy is working on them.
  • I'm getting a WiFi connection bug on my home network but not at work, which is weird.
  • Volume and skip track controls are integrated
  • OS is pretty vanilla Android--this is good
  • Google Play store is certified, other Android players at all need to make sure they do this (I'm looking at you, Echobox and Audio Opus)
  • Apps install without problem.
  • It's a good thing they are upgrading the aluminum to 32 GB, as 5GB of the 8GB on this production sample were already used by the OS.
  • There is no native player, HiBy comes installed by default. ES File Explorer is also installed by default
  • The clear plastic 'case' is not durable enough and feels super cheap. I've told Hidizs this, so hopefully they will fix this before the player hits the mass market
  • The player came with screen protectors installed, but they are not oleophobic, which means this thing looks like a greasy mess in about five minutes. I've advised Hidizs to put better screen protectors on and offer a tempered glass protector.
  • The touch screen is responsive and the resolution is fine
  • The player is very light in hand and easy to fit in coat pockets.
  • Volume can be adjusted in pocket
  • Brief Bluetooth tests were positive (need larger sample size and longer tests)
  • Value for money is outstanding at $239 for the 32GB aluminum one on Kickstarter
Pictures! I am in the middle of sorting out a new job and house move, so haven't had time to edit these or take any fancy shots, but this gives and idea of what is currently in the box. I don't imagine this will change much, but there may be some slight component upgrades. Essentially the box is the standard Chinese textured black paper variety. This always looks good and professional. I like these kind of boxes. The inside is well organized and there is still room for more stuff in the box, so maybe we'll see some surprises in the last days of the kickstarter campaign.

*Where the heck did my pictures go? I hate this new upload pathway!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/873263862/hidizs-ap200-the-next-generation-android-hifi-musi

Speaking of the Kickstarter. I think they are being damn fools offering three memory size versions. They should just offer two: 32GB aluminum and 128GB Stainless Steel. Offering too many options is a recipe for delays and for increased component costs. They already have a ton of colour and finish options. Cool it with the optionals @Hidizsofficial.
Thanks for the review. We will update the bugs you found soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back