New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Feb 21, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #2,087 of 2,616
@miabadph

I am pretty sure there will be next update and some more after that ✌

Of course there will. The Chinese holiday has only slowed things down a bit.

Feb 21, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #2,089 of 2,616
Mine sometimes pauses after 2-3 seconds playing, on the first track I play, right after I turned it on. I can just press play again. Seems wierd. I have gotten used to it. Started with 2.2Beta :)

I have noticed that when I first turn it on, the first track will begin very quickly when I press play, possibly cutting off a second ... or less. It is hard to say because it does not sound like a stutter or glitch. Everything will be perfect after that. I do play whole albums though and never shuffle.

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,095 of 2,616
Hidisz, hows the firmware update coming? We really, really need that
Hi we will update the new firmware in the near few weeks,Sorry keep you waitting.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #2,096 of 2,616
Starting to appreciate AP200 more and more. After collecting dust for the last two and half months, decided to give it another chance.
I did yesterday an extensive listening AB-ing between FiiO X5ii and AP200 and was surprised that during the listening tests started to strongly favor AP200. I don't use IEMs, hate sticking anything in my ears, so all the HPs were bigger. Due to the AP200's highish output impedance, it is important to use HPs with at least 32 Ohm impedance or higher. I've used some with 40 to 60 Ohms.

At first listening, FiiO X5ii produces bigger and wider soundstage, much bigger I would say. Also it is more warmish due to the Burr Brown (TI PCM) chip vs. Sabre in the AP200. But after a while, I've started appreciating more AP200'S outstanding clarity, more layering and more vibrant sound. What at the beginning sounded like a congested and narrow soundstage on the AP200, after longer listening came out as a focused and more precise imaging sound. The reverberation was more real than with the X5ii, middle voices were much clearer layered, and most important, the sub-bass went much deeper. This was very obvious when listening to Britten's Simple Symphony with a pizzicato (plucking strings) second movement where you could exactly follow the line of the double basses with the AP200 down to the lowest tones, with a real sub-bass rumble, where X5ii started to sound wooly and muddy.

Although X5ii sounds on the first listen warmer than AP200, it still sounds more digital or more artificial. After a few minutes of listening, it was easier to loose yourself and tap the foot with the AP200 than with the FiiO, where there was always some artificial aftertaste. Coming back to the FiiO after longer listening the AP200, everything seemed to sound blurry. After that I did some comparison with the xDuoo X3, which sounded thin and clinical compared to the AP200.
Listening to the music with a big dynamic range, AP200 didn't loose the substance when the music went down to very soft, while the FiiO and the xDuoo's X3 started to loose the color and sounded fragile at the low levels. I suppose this is thanks to the 32 bits digital volume control vs. 24 bits as found in FiiO and xDuoo. Lowering digital volume is causing reducing the bit depth, which leads to the signal truncation at low levels. With the 32 bits digital volume, there is more playground to save the resolution.

The main reason I bought the AP200 was to use it as a transport with a Mojo, listening mainly to Tidal. Still waiting the possibility to store Tidal's offline files to the sd card. This is, as much as I understand, solely in the hands of the Tidal app developers. The more important functions still waiting to be released are the dac-out and the line-out functions. These are however in the hands of the Hidizs' techs. Once this will be fixed, the AP200 could be a real winner.

Hi Djbobby

Thank you for your valuable sharing.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,097 of 2,616
Hey Hidizs: I wonder if Indiegogo campaign already gone? What would be the best way to order AP200 today?
Hi

You could order AP200 from Aliexpress.com or Amonzon.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 26, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #2,098 of 2,616
Does anyone experience cutoff on the start of each song? I'm on 0.2.2Beta

Hi you could try to switch off "gapless playback"

Thanks

From Hidizs

Attachments

• Switch off Gapless.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #2,099 of 2,616
I enjoy the AP200 with Unique Melody Miracle which collected dust in months via Effect Audio Ares II cables. I am very happy with this combination that makes me listening to them almost every night. Now the Fiio 5X iii will be soon put on sale.

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,100 of 2,616

Users who are viewing this thread

Back