New Hidition Viento Reference CIEM
Jul 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Mimouille

Headphoneus Supremus
Hidition has just put out a new CIEM with two switches for tonality adjustement. It is a 4 balanced armature drivers with a passive 4-way crossover.

It is sold on the Hidition Website for 1 100 000 Korean Won i.e. 1075$.

It had first been announced in the Headphone List:

http://theheadphonelist.com/hidition-announces-new-ciem-viento-r/

Here is the official page:

http://hidition.co.kr/products/64573

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 23
Interesting.  It's still 4-way like the NT6, but with 4 drivers instead of the 6.  The customizablity is the draw.  This is the first I've seen you have the option to boost the mids.  These options probably help with DAPs that you feel needs extra in the mids or the bottom.

Hidition makes excellent CIEMs as the NT6 is probably my single best audio investment that I'm happy with, and it's capability to scale up, just makes it more worth it as I upgrade sources.  

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #7 of 23
I went and try the Viento-R, IMO it sound spacious and the mids are laid back compared with Nt-6 even with the presence switch on. overall presentation are like u sitting at audience place when listening in concert. However, the technical capability seems behind nt-6 as i can feel the difference in clarity by switching viento and nt-6. maybe it was due to the weirdly shaped demo set available here.
In the end i ordered myself a Nt-6 as i like the presentation of nt-6 more compare to viento.

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #8 of 23
  I went and try the Viento-R, IMO it sound spacious and the mids are laid back compared with Nt-6 even with the presence switch on. overall presentation are like u sitting at audience place when listening in concert. However, the technical capability seems behind nt-6 as i can feel the difference in clarity by switching viento and nt-6. maybe it was due to the weirdly shaped demo set available here.
In the end i ordered myself a Nt-6 as i like the presentation of nt-6 more compare to viento.

So would you say it sounds wider in stage than the NT6?  So, you hear more mids with NT6?  That's quite interesting.  This has me questioning either NT6 is mid boosted or the Viento is V shaped at default and not linear.  Did the Viento sound more bassy than the NT6?  That can explain the difference in clairity if the Viento sounded bassier than the NT6 without the switch.  Never the less, it's a unique product with it's own signature I'm sure.  If it was identical to NT6, it wouldn't have it's own character.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 23
IMO with the demos, it is sound wider and have more depth in sound stage. i feel both are flat when the both of the switch in viento are off. just the presentation of viento are being put further behind compare to presentation of nt-6.
Nt 6 actually sound a tad more bassy, but when the bass switch of viento is on, it can output more sub bass and you can feel it rumbling in your ear.

one thing to note. the demo i tried, viento is using comply tips, and the nt-6 demo are in custom form without using any tips. and the nozzle part for the viento is shaped quite long. i have to hold the viento with my hand during demo to get the best angle and fit.

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 23
AJ's new impression of CIEMs that includes the Viento.  

http://theheadphonelist.com/custom-in-ear-monitors-reviews-list/custom-in-ear-monitors-review-previews/#Viento-R

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #12 of 23
I am really interested in these after a recommendation by average_joe.  I like the idea of being able to boost the bass when I'm in a noisy environment and the mids when I'm listening to a ballad.  I just wish Hidition were a lot better at replying to emails.  I've tried writing to them in English and Japanese on the off-chance they have a Japanese speaker among their staff.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 23
Everytime you write, they have it translated and then translate their answer so it is a lengthy process

Sure, I understand.  I guess I'm just being impatient.  Since the Viento-R is supposed to be similar to the Shure SE846 with the triple filter, I can demo that in the meantime to get an idea of the sound. Does anyone know if the Viento-R having "vented shells" will affect the isolation?

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #15 of 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back